2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: cutting a rbta?  (Read 2036 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
cutting a rbta?
« on: February 13, 2015, 23:36:46 »
Has anyone here cut a rbta?  I have a huge rbta that I either need to have split or sell.  I was able to get it off the rock by drilling the rock and chipping a small piece off the rock that the foot was on.  Just got done reading of actually cutting one in half and thought that I might try it.  Just wondering if anyone had any advise on attempting this?  It was getting too big and taking up alot of room for adding some new corals. :kacsint2:
Jeff

Offline wrassel

• Fry
Re: cutting a rbta?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:31:01 »
I've never done it but bulk Reef Supply has a video on cutting them. Just something for you to look at if you haven't already.

Offline tidepool

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:56:56 »
LazyLivin does this all the time - pretty sure that he just takes a pair of scissors and cuts the BTA in half, bisecting the mouth/foot and it repairs itself - I am sure he'd be glad to tell you more ;o)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 17:54:16 »
Well I cut my rbta just a little bit ago. Amazing how easily it cut. Had something that looked like intestines around the cut area. From what I read  they will pull back together within the first day or so and as long as no infection sets in they should be fine.
Jeff