2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: too much Stomella?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
too much Stomella?
« on: January 28, 2009, 22:43:27 »
I just looked at my tank in the dark for the first time in a while.  There are thousands of tiny stomella i think.  I know that i had 2 big ones that hitchhiked in some cheato in the sump.  But they are everywhere at night.  Can too many be bad?
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
Re: too much Stomella?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 22:58:35 »
Probably not.  If there are too many for the food available, they'll die off and I think they're too small to really cause problems with water quality as they do die off.

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 23:26:13 »
I think they’re one of the best snails to have and a tank could never have too many of them.

I wish they would produce at a higher rate in my tank. They seem to get slaughtered is my tank by other inhabitants.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 00:24:53 »
They are the best snails because they can get in every nook and cranny, wont knock stuff over and usually only come out at night, which is a big plus in my book!

Midwest Express

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 14:15:52 »
Yeah... my tank is loaded with them.  They do a good job at keeping the tank clean.