2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Baby GBTA  (Read 3140 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Baby GBTA
« on: April 03, 2009, 14:31:53 »
I was looking for my GBTA for another member on here yesterday.  I just sort of throw all my left overs in my 40 breeder tank in the sump room.  I was looking to make sure it was still there and what do I also find a baby GBTA!  At first I thought it was aptasia or something then I pulled it out and sure enough bright pink foot and green bubbles!  I'm not sure if it somehow split a tiny chunk off one of the bigger GBTA'S or if they actually produce babies somehow.  I'll have to do some research, but it was pretty cool!  I threw it back into the tank.  I'll have to look around to find it and take a picture.  I did prune the cheato out of there, I hope it didn't end up in the junk pile!  ::)   

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
Re: Baby GBTA
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 16:06:23 »
Congrats I'm sure Ted and Todd are proud uncles  :D
But I'm afraid it may not survive in your tank with all of the cheato so I guess I could take it and help it grow.   :laugh:
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 16:25:26 »
Do you know my brothers???    I just found it earlier.  I'll have to post a picture of the tiny one!  :)    I give anamones away all the time!

Blown76mav

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 23:55:53 »
Cool, I'd love to see the pictures and maybe someday I'll be quick enough to catch one of those free ones. :)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 08:24:53 »
Here are some pics.  They aren't very good because I don't ever clean the glass on that tank. 

Offline bkvreef

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 08:40:39 »
Do you know my brothers???    I just found it earlier.  I'll have to post a picture of the tiny one!  :)    I give anamones away all the time!
Yep, sorry I guess I never replied to your other post.  Tell them John Barrera said hi.  We weren't good friends but at a school that size how do you not know everyone.
Nice picture!
Wow I'm glad you know what you're looking for because I would have sprayed it as a mojano.
Thanks and God Bless,
John

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 08:45:58 »
I'll tell them you said hi.  I'm obviously a lot older than them (although I look MUCH younger LOL) so I don't really know many of the friends they hung out with. 

The foot on a mojano isn't pink like a GBTA.  I took it out of the tank and inspected it and I feel sure it's a GBTA.  It will be interesting to watch it grow up.  I've never had a tiny baby like this.  I'm still not sure how or where it came from.       

Blown76mav

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 08:48:34 »
Lightingfront just posted some pics similar to your baby BTA.

Maybe I need to check my cheato to.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 08:49:44 »
I saw that, in person mine looks different that his.