2024 flyer

Author Topic: phyto?  (Read 2105 times)

Offline wolfeden3

• I hate aptasia!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Juvenile
  • I LOVE ZOANTHIDS AND SOFTIES!!!!!
phyto?
« on: October 28, 2009, 13:26:55 »
Does anybody have any phyto  they need to get rid of? If not i was thinking about try my hand at growing some. Before I start I need to know if there is any call or need for some by other members.
Thanks,
Garry ;D
:) 90g w/ 30g refuge 776w mh w/ pc attinic f/o tank
;) 46 bow front new diy sump 192w pc f/c tank
;) 10g frag tank marine-land reef capable led

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: phyto?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 19:27:12 »
I used to grow and have all the stuff to do it, but it died while i was gone. Are you looking to feed anything specifily? I didnt notice much of a differnce while dosing it, maybe more little filter feeding worms. i have some DTs if you want to try it, or you can order from Flordia aquatic farms.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:58:51 »
You won't see a difference / improvement in most corals because most corals don't eat phytoplankton.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:23:04 »
I was trying to sustain more "little" stuff in hopes of more pods before I bought a mandrin
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:40:43 »
That will work, Copapods / mysis - etc eat phytoplankton.

I think some gorgoinian may eat phytoplankton, would need to research that a little better.