2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Site Problem  (Read 5110 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Site Problem
« on: February 24, 2009, 19:14:29 »
Is the site running really slow and timing out for anyone else this evening? Never had a problem in the past and all other websites running normally.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Site Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 19:19:34 »
Seems to be back to normal now  ;D

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 19:56:33 »
had that problem earlier myself.

slandis3

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 20:00:24 »
yep me too. we'll blame it on udjustin. Hes good for taking the blame on things.  ;D

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 21:20:16 »
GAAAAH Justin...making our site slow.  ::) 

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 19:58:15 »
It happens every now and then. Not much I can do about it. We are at the mercy of the internet. It could be a slow down anywhere from your IP to our host itself.

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 20:45:07 »
ive had the web slowdown on all three computers lately. roadrunner at its best

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 00:31:22 »
someone just told me that my PMs were full, and i just noticed that the little %full bar in the inbox is gone. Is there another way to tell if you are getting close to full?
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:57:36 »
I'm trying to find where I set the number of PMs allowed and can't seem to find it now. I've never had the percent full bar because of being the admin so I wasn't aware that it was gone.

Does anyone still have the percent full bar?

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 10:05:38 »
I found it, Club Members are allowed 100 PMs and regular members area allowed 50. Sponsors have no limit.

I am not sure if that number is just your inbox or if it counts outbox messages if you keep copies.

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 11:27:16 »
I'm trying to find where I set the number of PMs allowed and can't seem to find it now. I've never had the percent full bar because of being the admin so I wasn't aware that it was gone.

Does anyone still have the percent full bar?

I just checked and I still have the green progress bar....it's on the left hand side under preferences in the My Messages section. Mine says 21% full...21 messages in my Inbox....15 messages in my outbox....so it reasons that it only uses the Inbox for figuring out what % used is.

Jerry

Offline verper

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 11:34:56 »
someone just told me that my PMs were full, and i just noticed that the little %full bar in the inbox is gone. Is there another way to tell if you are getting close to full?

That bar is green, then yellow, then red as your inbox gets fuller.  When it is yellow or red, its best to clean it out before it fills up completely.

Offline verper

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 11:37:29 »
so it reasons that it only uses the Inbox for figuring out what % used is.

Jerry

Yep.  If it counted outbox, I'd be over by about 1500  ;D

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 12:40:06 »
I just checked and I still have the green progress bar....it's on the left hand side under preferences in the My Messages section. Mine says 21% full...21 messages in my Inbox....15 messages in my outbox....so it reasons that it only uses the Inbox for figuring out what % used is.

Jerry
Nope, It not under the preferences box anymore.  Just the 3 links. I dont even have a count of how many messages are in my inbox.

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 12:43:12 »
I used to have that bar that told me how many messages I had too and mine is now gone.  It doesn't even tell me the number of messages I have.  that's odd.  I think it was there a day or two ago...

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 15:03:11 »
I have no idea why it would suddenly disappear. I have made no changes to the software for a week or 2 now.

Offline jeblin

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 14:34:08 »
Nope, It not under the preferences box anymore.  Just the 3 links. I dont even have a count of how many messages are in my inbox.

Can you right click in the page (under the My Messages section) and select "View Source". This should open up Notepad with the actual HTML source code for the page itself. Hold down your CTRL key and press the letter f (this should open up a find box). Type in "Prune Messages" without the quotes. After it highlights, scroll down and see if you have something similar to the following:

Code: [Select]
                    <a href="http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=manlabels">Manage Labels</a><br />
                    <a href="http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=prune">Prune Messages</a><br />
                    <br /><br />
                    <div align="center">
                         <b>Capacity</b>
                         <div align="left" style="border: 1px solid black; height: 7px; width: 100px;">
                              <div style="border: 0; background-color: #468008; height: 7px; width: 23px;"></div>
                         </div>
                    <span>23 messages, 23% full.</span>
                    </div>

In my case (shown above), I have 23 messages. If your's lists something, it narrows it down to a display issue (possibly a browser issue). If it doesn't list anything, might be something else entirely.

Jerry

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 15:05:03 »
      Manage Labels

Prune Messages

</td>

</tr>
               </table>

</td>

Nope.  I did a search on Full and Capacity and got no hits on either.  I tried in firefox and IE.  Ohh well, its not that important.