2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Dave's epic start  (Read 4774 times)

Offline dbowman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Dave's epic start
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2021, 18:21:19 »
4/26/21
as of Friday 4/30 i am getting additions to the tank. i have decided to bite the bullet on lighting. the rearrangement of the return pipe spray bar has increased the surface agitation and actually is splashing water up through the egg crate, getting the LED's wet. thanks to the live sale i have some corals coming and thanks to the club par meter i am aware that i am borderline on supporting them with the Current USA LED's. i have taken advantage of the Saltwater Aquarium.com 10th anniversary sale. To get a free shirt and a $25 store credit and some other stuff, i ordered a Red Sea mesh cover kit, some tools, some supplies, and 3 AI Prime HD 16's with gooseneck mounts. Happy Birthday to me
(a little early)

war coral, Ricordea, carpet anemone, branching hammer, Cyphastrea, aussie pipe organ

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2021, 18:29:39 »
all of that to catch up. this is my R2R build thread posts.
did you notice the Saltwateraquarium.com 10th Anniversary celebration? i did! i ordered some tools: a pikstik, a transfer pump, and an air pump to get the free tshirt.
then i ordered, one at a time, three AI Prime 16 HD's. each order til the 2nd of May is a chance at free stuff.  on one of the orders i won a $25 store credit. then i ordered a Red Sea mesh cover kit. so the egg crate goes away, the Current USA lights get re-homed, at least one on the FW tank another over some indoor plants.
big fun at the Bowman house!!!
i gotta go, more tomorrow

Offline JMM

• Juvenile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2021, 21:28:22 »
Can’t wait to see your progress Dave, gonna be cool.

Offline dbowman

• Adult
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2021, 22:29:34 »
thank you

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2021, 14:19:55 »
Love the pipe organ coral. Thinking of getting a piece myself, but not sure where I'd put it. Keep us posted on progress with new lights.

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2021, 17:22:48 »
It is ever changing. Glad to hear you are getting some corals and definitely interested in the lighting