2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Vacation season prep. wyze cameras  (Read 759 times)

Offline Warhawk937

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Vacation season prep. wyze cameras
« on: June 28, 2019, 10:20:43 »
My wife, for father's day, has purchased me a hand full of wyze cameras.  I absolutely would recommend this product, so I figured I would share.  Many of us will have no problem getting a neighbor, friend or relative to check on the tank as much as daily while we are away. With a 25$ investment which is chump change in this hobby you can put eyes on you tank whenever you want.  I have a camera currently placed in the sump that picks up my dosing pumps, filter sock, skimmer, ato and sump level and one placed on the side of my tank that picks up my gyre , return and auto feeder ring. Keeping in mind that that my purpose is to keep eyes on the devices to ensure proper function and not to necessarily enjoy the tank.   For $50 I can view all devices, control them via apex and send info to the tank sitter in real time as the cameras have 2 way audio.  Food for thought…

Offline VikingCoral

• Juvenile
Re: Vacation season prep. wyze cameras
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:03:23 »
What resolution do they support? I run a similar setup occasionally with logitech webcams and stream them online with my pc.

Offline Warhawk937

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:15:02 »
these cams will not stream online and have to be viewed through the phone app.   1080p

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 15:17:57 »
I got one for Fathers Day and I LOVE IT!

Offline JMM

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 18:06:20 »
Have 3 in my basement. 1 in qt. Area. 1 on my sump, water station area and 1 on my main display system. Get one that rotates. My first one doesn’t and is almost useless. Don’t get the best .4esolution with any of them when I zoom. They serve their purpose  though.