2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: November 2013 Photo Contest  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
November 2013 Photo Contest
« on: November 11, 2013, 22:12:05 »
We seem to have the cameras rolling.   So next we are going to do your oldest tank inhabitant.......please include a short story.

Rules for this month.
1) Inhabitant must be currently living.
2) Please post current photos.

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
Re: November 2013 Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 15:07:37 »
no can do this month, my tanks have only been set up for a little over a year

will be watching though

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 20:49:07 »
This Guy is my oldest inhabitant in my 72 bow front. He was purchased at PSP in Findlay a little over a year ago. When I got him he was about an inch long or smaller, and is now about 3 inches long.

This is a tough little guy who has survived thru all my learning, and mistakes. He also made it thru an attack of ich that wiped the rest of the tank out.

My Yellow Goby.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 16:26:26 »
I've gotta get a pic up here. Can't just let Mr. Bucknutz take it that easy.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 16:39:13 »
Kole Tang

His story doesn't start with me it began with Shane a friend of mine here in wapak who tore down his tank awhile back. Shane had him for about 2years the tang never went through any diseases  or tank crashes in those two years. He came to my tank about 4-months ago in which the only thing that has happened to him was two months ago something took a bite out of one of his fins. It is all healed up now and nothing shows any aggression to him and he is a model citizen.

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Travisrohrbach8896/media/1384983126_zpsd7ad6dda.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 19:32:20 »
Fixed Travis' link.  Travis, in photobucket, when getting the image link, be sure to select the IMG code.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 19:33:34 »
Lets call Saturday the last day for submissions.   Then voting will run until the end of the month

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 19:36:34 »
Lets call Saturday the last day for submissions.   Then voting will run until the end of the month

Where is your submission?

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 22:23:45 »
Fixed Travis' link.  Travis, in photobucket, when getting the image link, be sure to select the IMG code.

How do I do that?
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline Steve

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 18:35:36 »
Hey, where is the mysis? You know I don't eat flake! I have had this fish since I believe 07. He survived the hurricane crash of 08 and the grandson crash of 2010, revealing the hardier side  of an established CBB. Originally purchased from Marine Solutions.

This guy was in the display tank at the Middletown Jack's for years, when they took it down I bought it, which I believe was at least 4 years ago, maybe longer. Grandson crash survivor.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 18:41:04 by Steve »

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 21:50:04 »
These are are under my care for about the last 5 years, and I believe my sister had them for around 4 years.  She had purchased them both very small and grew them out......however both have survived struggles although the blue tang had it the worst.  They've gone through a a few tank crashes with my sister, however the Blue Hippo was stung by a Hadonni Carpet which is nearly always fatal even if they get away.

The story goes like this:
I finally talk my sister out of her beloved Blue Hippo tank as they are now downsizing, and they bring him down, poor fish scared as heck after a hour long car ride in a bucket.  After a careful acclimation it's time for him to go in, and not wanting to net him I pick him up in my hands.   At the time I had a 24" Purple Hadonni Carpet in my tank, which I figured the fish knew enough to stay away from.  The carpet was on the right, so I left the BHT go on the far left of the tank.  I gently lay him in the water and he ever so gently swims out of my hands, staying at the top of the tank and ever so slowly moving to the right.  I figured we're good to go, but that's why he see's a crevice he would rather be in right next to the Hadonni and he dart for it.  It's lucky it was moving so fast otherwise the carpet would have had him for lunch.....but he definitely got stung on the belly as there were tentacles hanging off of him.  The BHT disappeared into the rocks for a little over a week, finally emerging skinny and hungry......luckily making a strong comeback.  The Yellow Tang is the bully in the tank with the BHT mimicking him and bullying everyone else as well.   So....he's been around 9 years, has gone through tank crashes, ich, and even a nasty sting and he's still kicking strong.   I don't he's going anywhere for a while.