2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Korallen-Zucht trace elements complex  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
Korallen-Zucht trace elements complex
« on: May 15, 2018, 19:53:03 »
What's been everybody's experience with dosing trace elements? Up until a little over a week ago, I was doing weekly 10-15% partial water changes using reef crystals. I wasn't impressed by my growth and coloration was okay but not great. I decided to experiment with skipping the water changes and dosing KZ trace elements complex daily.  To make this story short, I've noticed more growth in my SPS corals over the past week than I was seeing in a months time. I've also had to increase my 2 part dosing slightly. It looks like they've discontinued the product (I nabbed the last bottle BRS had  >:D).
The bottles description reads "You will find the multiple important minerals in KZ’s Trace Element Complex. Especially for stony corals. Extremely growth enhancing."
Has anybody else had a similar experience with this type of product?

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Korallen-Zucht trace elements complex
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:42:50 »
I’ve used Red Sea coral colors. It’s a 3 part. Iodine, potassium and trace. I do not dose something I can’t test for. The iodine test kit is confusing and I never did get a reading on it. The potassium test kit worked pretty good and I was able to bring my potassium up to 400. It’s very easy to over dose these, and other trace elements. Be careful.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
Re: Korallen-Zucht trace elements complex
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:59:49 »
You’re right, it’s risky since I have no idea what my levels would be. The instructions are to dose 3 ml per 50 gallons daily. I would think the amount of coral you have and type of filtration would add some variance. I’m going to stick with it for now though because there must have been something missing from my salt mix that was acting as a limiting factor.

120 gallon mixed reef.