2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Camera for Disneyworld  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Camera for Disneyworld
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:45 »
I have a Nikon DSLR already... not sure if I want to lug that around Disneyworld.

Looking for just a point and shoot that will give good quick pictures in multiple situations and lighting scenarios.  looking to be able to just throw it into my shorts cargo pocket as we walk the park.

got any suggestions

Offline Bucknutz

• OH-IO
Re: Camera for Disneyworld
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:12:02 »
I always liked the Nikon Coolpix. Now I just use my iPhone when I don't want to carry the DSLR around.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:45:05 »
Anymore our phones are as good as any point & shoot. But the coolpix has good reviews.

Offline Viggen

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 14:24:34 »
my wife stopped carrying the point n shoot and just uses her phone when she needs pics and doesn't want to lug her dslr's around

If you are going to buy one..... I would consider one of the water proof ones.  Being able to take them anywhere any not having to worry about it at all is so nice. 
300g tub o fish

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 14:51:59 »
If you want a god camera and don't wanna carry a dslr around. Get a micro 4/3 camera. Some of the pros are even using them. Pen & Olympus are top of the line.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 18:01:27 »
gopro has amazing photo but you have to buy the screen for the back or its no good.  I like my Coolpix but iphone pics are just as good.plus to the gopro you can do anything with it mine has smashed the ground a few times and never missed or skip on impact also has hit the water at over 40 mph barefooting biggest problem with gopro is batterys not bad if you just running cam but if you add the screen it eats up battery but there only 20$ and there not horrible maybe hour half none stop film on video pics should last a lot longer

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 23:10:38 »
The new gopros have wifi. So you can compose on your phone or tablet.

Offline itsalifestyle

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 23:39:41 »
I have the hero black and silver both have  wifi both are very nice wifi works great for setting up cam on helment but there is a delay if your watching but great to download and to change setting