2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I think I have a parasite ,I move everyone into my QT I've lost Several Fish the last one was yester  (Read 3006 times)

Offline 604hutchins

• Egg
Now I see a couple of other spots I'm using Furan ,not running a  filter in the pump.Useing 2 pkts. daily along with Stability daily I've lost about 10 have 9 or 10 left  try to send a picture of my Devil maybe somebody can let me know what they think if it is a Parasite.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline 604hutchins

• Egg
Now I see a couple of other spots I'm using Furan ,not running a  filter in the pump.Useing 2 pkts. daily along with Stability daily I've lost about 10 have 9 or 10 left  try to send a picture of my Devil maybe somebody can let me know what they think if it is a Parasite.

I think this is a Parasite what do you think?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Really hard to tell from the pic but might be velvet.  Most common treatment for marine fish is the use of copper as long as it is a fish only system.  Here is a link I found for marine velvet.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=83
Hope it helps
Jeff

Offline 604hutchins

• Egg
Really hard to tell from the pic but might be velvet.  Most common treatment for marine fish is the use of copper as long as it is a fish only system.  Here is a link I found for marine velvet.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=83
Hope it helps
Jeff
Yea Thanks for the reply I don't think it's that when I read the Illness They didn't have any gold patches or a Velvet.
On the Devil it started above the tail as one round spot dark then later progressed to maybe scales missing on both sides.
But the other fish just died,except for the Skunk Clown and it looks like he was chewed on in the center of his body he did die hated that to!

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
Sorry about all the losses.  Most all fish treatmentsare still being done with either hyposalinity or copper.
Jeff

Offline 604hutchins

• Egg
Sorry about all the losses.  Most all fish treatmentsare still being done with either hyposalinity or copper.
Jeff
You don't think that Furan-2 will help

Offline 604hutchins

• Egg
You don't think that Furan-2 will help

This the one I'm worried about everyone else is fine

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
I dont have much experience with treating sick fish.  Sad to say but usually by the time you notice it they are too far gone.  I would separate that fish from all the others if possible though.  The loss of that one fish is alot easier to swallow then a total loss of all the fish.
Jeff

Offline 604hutchins

• Egg
I dont have much experience with treating sick fish.  Sad to say but usually by the time you notice it they are too far gone.  I would separate that fish from all the others if possible though.  The loss of that one fish is alot easier to swallow then a total loss of all the fish.
Jeff
Yea I've been thinking that ,hate it but I hate to Lose my Coral Beauty and my Bi Color Angel,Thanks!!