2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: infringement of rights  (Read 4584 times)

Offline delta1190

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
infringement of rights
« on: June 21, 2016, 20:10:33 »
I am about to open up a can of worms that needs to be addressed but here goes . Whoever is deleting post of members without their knowledge is infringing on their constitutional rights to freedom of speech ,this is AMERICA right .!Even we all have differences of opinion we are still adults right ? And no one in this club should be denied this right . To post what they feel weather some one else thinks it to be not true .We all have rights . !!   

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
Re: infringement of rights
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 20:32:42 »
Wow sounds like this club is falling apart.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 20:37:34 »
I did not mean it to sound that way Sir it is still a good club

Offline joelbegt

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 20:42:28 »
Delta my opinion may differ from you on that.  And that's the beauty of free speech

So I have been sponsoring Ohio Reef for roughly 9 months and I noticed a few things the today that really kind of rub me the wrong way.  Go on the front page of Ohio Reef (guessing its the biggest hit count page on the site.)  Now click on Sponsor contacts.  3 people not paying are listed and I am not!  This is also on the vendor forum section!  Kind of a waste of money to sponsor a site that doesn't list you as a sponsor...  Maybe I will get some sort of addition compensated sponsorship?

After seeing what appears to be a Ohio Reef officer edited and left out of decisions I really start to question the ethics of things around here..

We sponsor another local to Dayton club that the owner is not aloud to post here period.  There is a red list per se and its much more political once you start to open your eyes and has been that way for since I joined long long ago.  some are "favored" others are not. 

Offline joelbegt

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 20:53:58 »
Logging in and out on different computers you start seeing things like this... My website profile pic and info are edited.  I guess people that see that probably don't go to my site

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 21:05:54 »
I really don't know how to respond to that i had no idea that was happening, and for my part I apologize, although my part is small I am sincere. I am not on the bod put I feel you and do agree with some of your points, Just remember you and I must be true to ourselves above all .!!

Offline muttley000

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 21:11:44 »
Joel, I knew you were a sponsor.  I'm not a paying member but thank you for help making it possible.

I enjoy this forum even though I don't post much, there are some great people here!  I will say that this is thought of on the outside as a club with too small of a board, too closely knit, and everything may not always be above board.  I do not know any of you personally, that is just what I have heard.  Please do not read anything else into it.  If someone asked for my personal opinion I would offer the club has some experienced hobbiests willing to share and an occasional good deal in the for sale forums!  I hope it can be pulled together, this thread and the meeting thread do expose that there are some problems, hopefully you all get them resolved.

To the OP, you gave up your right to totally free speech when you accepted the terms of membership.  Mods have a right to moderate how they see fit, we may not agree with it but we submitted when we accepted.  If a mod is going rogue, the board of directors has to deal with that.  I would go to a meeting and express your concern, or PM one or all of them!

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 23:03:32 »
Joel,

Nothing is edited with respect to your site info (or any other vendor).   What you posted is a glitch seen safari browsers when browsing out site.  I'm not sure what causes it.....but even as site admin, it happens on my apple products.   Chrome/Firefox/IE browsers do not seem to be affected.

Paul

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 23:18:43 »
Joel, I should add that I'm far from perfect and make mistakes, if there is an omission or something not linked appropriately, please send me a PM, and I'll do my best to rectify the situation.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 11:13:59 »
Would a mod please move this to another more appropriate area?
Perhaps the premium members discussion.
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline joelbegt

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 11:46:13 »
IMO Appropriate area would be the Ohio Reef section under site and club.

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 21:17:45 »
Would be better if you calmly stated your issue instead of getting on a soap box. Not to be an ass but don't know the issues your are talking about Delta. I am a bit confused

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 21:25:51 »
One of our members posted on the forums and it was deleted by a admin or moderator,he was simply saying what he said in a conversation with another member and it was removed. All I am saying is we are all Adults here unless it is off color we have the right to freedom of speech that's all I am saying- not on a soapbox just stating facts

Offline jfishwild

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 06:44:14 »
!!!!!!!
We don't know how strong we are until being strong is the only choice we have.

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 07:30:54 »
Lmao

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 09:15:17 »
I'm going to close this topic, there is no need to continue this discussion, it is for the BOD to deal with.

Joel, if you have issues you need to get resolved with your sponsorship, please PM me.