2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Wtb used apex  (Read 1474 times)

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
Wtb used apex
« on: February 18, 2019, 13:16:50 »
Looking for used Neptune apex

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Wtb used apex
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 08:23:55 »
Look on reef2reef and reef central. People selling them all the time on there.
Jeff

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:12:26 »
Thanks

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:16:57 »
Okay I found one on reef2reef. I’m in contact with the guy.
He has.
1x apex classic
2xeb8s
2xusb cables to like the emergent bars to one network.
 No display unit. $275. Thoughts?  I don’t know much about these. Can you active this on fusion without the display.

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 11:36:54 »
Not a bad deal if all is working. Only thing you’d be missing is any probes you’d like. Should figure out the cost to add those vs purchasing a new full feature unit.

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:26 »
Just checked I’d need display-$99, temp-$29 and ph $75
That makes it $479 total I would have in it. I would rather buy the new apex for $499

Offline eslatts11

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 12:17:53 »
Thats not a bad deal at all considering 1 EB8 is $160. Can be run with no display BUT you have to have it networked in order to set it up on the fusion dashboard / classic dashboard. The classic only supports a hardwired Ethernet connection so make sure you are able to run an ethernet cable to it or you can use a ethernet to Wi-Fi adapter. I used an ethernet to Wi-Fi adapter in the past and found the one I had to be very finicky where I would have to reconnect it to my laptop to connect it back to my wireless anytime the internet/power went out - not very optimal but it could have just been the adapter I had.

The setup will be tricky because typically the apex fusion link token you would get off of the display, so in this case you'd have to find the IP address of the unit on your home network and go to the classic site. Once you find the IP address, navigate to http://<IPaddress>:80, then you will be prompted for a login username and password. This is the part where I would be unsure because the last owner may have changed the default username and password. If not then the default username is "admin" and the default password is "1234." If not the defaults then you'd have to get the credentials from the previous owner or  flash the unit - found some instructions on how to do this https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?7028-My-Apex-is-down. Once logged into the classic dashboard the apex fusion link token should be displayed on the Apex Fusion tile if not already linked. You will want to make sure the previous owner has unlinked unless you had flash the unit.

-Slatts

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:11 »
That’s why I haven’t purchased one used yet. By the time I get the probes etc I want for it I would be in just as much as a new version. Obviously there is the advantage of the extra EB8 but personally I don’t think I’d go through more than 8 outlets hooked up to the Apex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eslatts11

• Fry
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 12:36:03 »
Yeah, or you could look at it this way. Buy it from him, maybe even get him to drop his price a little bit, and sell the extra EB8 and use that money towards the probes / display. Technically you wouldn't need a display unless you wanted one.
-Slatts

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 12:36:38 »
Yeah, or you could look at it this way. Buy it from him, maybe even get him to drop his price a little bit, and sell the extra EB8 and use that money towards the probes / display. Technically you wouldn't need a display unless you wanted one.
Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 18:43:12 »
That is actually a good deal.  I paid over $400 for mine with probes but only 1 eb8.  They have come way down in price since the new version was brought out.  I might be interested in the extra eb8 if you get it.
Jeff

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 19:09:41 »
Yeah I’ll let you know jj. I don’t think I’ll need both. I am getting it though
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 19:16:59 by SaltwaterTaffy »

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 11:05:39 »
So I got the apex. Should be here tomorrow. He actually gave me a display he had and cleared it for me. I also get a temp probe. Jj. I will probably sell the extra eb8 if you want it

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 12:32:52 »
If Jeff doesn’t want it for some reason. I’d like the extra EB8

Offline SaltwaterTaffy

• Fry
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 13:19:22 »
👍🏼

Offline SaltwaterTaffy