2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 1 y/o Reefer, happy to have a local form!  (Read 1478 times)

Offline HaubFather

• Egg
1 y/o Reefer, happy to have a local form!
« on: February 06, 2019, 21:22:08 »
Hi all! Glad to be here. I've been reef keeping for a year now, more failures to learn from than success, but really turned a corner in the last 4 months or so. Finally seeing coral growth as I learn from my deaths  :alas: and happy to get any help advice I can as I continue to learn.

I started with a 45 gal tank with a 40 gal breeder sump. Quickly realized this hobby was for me and took the dive into a reefer 450. Lost some coral as I got placement and lighting down, a round of fish to velvet.. and now have a full QT system.

Just went 3+ months without fish and I've added some back today. Have seen coral growth instead of loss over the last 4 months or so as I've been getting over the new tank issues and learned how to keep water better.

Glad to EMeet you all and look forward to continued success!

Stephen - HaubFather

Offline Humphrey

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: 1 y/o Reefer, happy to have a local form!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 23:22:01 »
Had velvet some years ago after years of no problems with no QT.  I went fallow for the full 90 days too.  I’m 100% QT now, though there are some disadvantages.

Welcome aboard and rest assured we’ve all learned the hard way at some point!  Glad to hear things are turning the corner.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 19:43:14 »
Welcome! I’m sorry to hear about the fish loss. That’s been my biggest challenge as well. Hopefully it’s in the past for both of us. Really fun hobby when things are going well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Warhawk937

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 21:22:43 »
Welcome aboard!!!  Any pictures of the set up

Offline HaubFather

• Egg
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 18:06:28 »
Sure, here is a couple recents.. :-D