2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 2 year old Seahare  (Read 1970 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
2 year old Seahare
« on: May 16, 2017, 22:00:49 »
I have a Dolebella seahare in my tank that has the angels and other lg fish. There is not any rock in this tank, just egg crate and large acropora colonies. The seahare lives underneath the egg crate that is suspended about 4" off bottom of the tank. That leaves a 7 foot x 2 foot acrylic bottom that it scavengs off of. Their isnt a lick of algae in the tank. He sleeps in the detritous piles. There are two piles that collect one on each side of tank. It likes to bury itself in it for most of the day. It eats ocean gumbo and loves to be hand feed. I have read they dont live longer then 16 months in ocean and less in captivity so i guess it is old in seahare years. I got it august 2015 and it looked full size then so not sure how old it is. It reminds me of the movie charcter shrek with its ears. One of the coolest inverts. Does anyone else keep seahares? Do you think they are gross or so ugly they are cute?

Offline delta1190

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: 2 year old Seahare
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 13:23:14 »
I love them i think they are so cool have had several of them but they don't last too long .

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 13:38:57 »
That's funny we named ours shrek as well. I think they are very cool. Our only made it about 8 months or so though. Very cool yours is 2yrs plus.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:18:20 »
Shrek the seahare is still going strong :)

Offline Sonnyred

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 14:16:26 »
My goal for next visit is to spot the sea hare!