2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 16 gallon bowfront tank  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Amstar

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
16 gallon bowfront tank
« on: October 26, 2011, 14:49:43 »
I use to have this tank set up and used a hang on refigium.

If I were to set it up again I would like to use a 10 gallon sump.  Whats the best option to make this happen? Drill the back of the tank? What do you use for a return?  Where can I get it drilled

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: 16 gallon bowfront tank
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 15:02:14 »
You can use a 20 gal long as the sump(i think 10 is just too smal, but maybe not for you)... you can drill the back or do an overflow box(I recommend drilling the back, provided it isn't tempered)... If you drill the back you can make your own overflow, and I would look into the Bean overflow system.  you would use a small pump as the return.. maybe 300-450ph woul dbe enough, you could go higher if you'd like.

You can drill it yourself... the club has diamond bits to use that are able to be checked out by premium members...  if your nervous, I"m sure we have a few experienced members who wouldn't mind helping you drill your holes.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline HUNGER

Re: 16 gallon bowfront tank
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 16:57:15 »
You can use a 20 gal long as the sump(i think 10 is just too smal, but maybe not for you)... you can drill the back or do an overflow box(I recommend drilling the back, provided it isn't tempered)... If you drill the back you can make your own overflow, and I would look into the Bean overflow system.  you would use a small pump as the return.. maybe 300-450ph woul dbe enough, you could go higher if you'd like.

You can drill it yourself... the club has diamond bits to use that are able to be checked out by premium members...  if your nervous, I"m sure we have a few experienced members who wouldn't mind helping you drill your holes.
well said
SIZE DOES MATTER