2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I have won the brs giveaway. clear view algae scrubber!!!  (Read 965 times)

Offline Warhawk937

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
SO im excited I won that algea scrubber, but my sump is working great for me as is.  Im not sure how well these things work.   Does anybody have experience with these things.  also is anybody interested.  im not sure what size it is yet  but they start at 350$   If I dont want to go through the hassle i may be open to trading it of for some sticks.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: I have won the brs giveaway. clear view algae scrubber!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 23:16:02 »
Congratulations

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 19:47:03 »
I've got one... honestly I'm not really sure it has helped with phosphates. My levels while just running the scrubber were really high, I started running GFO again in conjunction with it and my levels are drastically lower. I have noticed a decrease in nusiance algae in the display since I started running it though. I will tell you that it was not packed well. When I received my from BRS, one of the mounting points for the lights had snapped in shipping resulting in a detached light and a fairly substantial leak in the scrubber. I had some acrylic cement so I was able to fix it... I was able to get them to refund me 15% to make it the price of a scratch and dent item.

Offline Nbehnken

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 20:59:06 »
Congratulations, I enter them every time, and it’s nice to know that someone local actually won.