2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 2 Part Automatic Dosing  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
2 Part Automatic Dosing
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:28:46 »
My CO2 tank on my reactor ran out last week.   I've been considering going back to 2 part anyway.......so no time like the present.   I already had the dosing pumps.

For those who are running automatic dosing pumps for their 2 part, what safeties (backups) do you have in place to prevent overdosing....

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: 2 Part Automatic Dosing
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:45:14 »
PH hi and lo alarms shut off the autodosing.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:25:55 »
I dose Alk, Mag and Ca via BRS pump. All three pumps are connected to a digital timer that runs 3 times per day for 60 minutes each time. The timer is plugged into controller that shuts down power at 8.45 PH. I also ocassionally add iodine and strontium or kent essentials to calcium mix. A bit unrelated to your thread I dose equal amounts of ca, Alk and Mag. It always balances out some how. If I dose more the corals consume more, to a point it seems to auto balances. This makes it nice in that I only need one timer and use one port on controller.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 13:10:18 »
I dose Alk, Mag and Ca via BRS pump. All three pumps are connected to a digital timer that runs 3 times per day for 60 minutes each time. The timer is plugged into controller that shuts down power at 8.45 PH. I also ocassionally add iodine and strontium or kent essentials to calcium mix. A bit unrelated to your thread I dose equal amounts of ca, Alk and Mag. It always balances out some how. If I dose more the corals consume more, to a point it seems to auto balances. This makes it nice in that I only need one timer and use one port on controller.

Are you using the 66ml/hour dosers?  How often do you change your dose?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 18:58:08 »
Yes and I up it every few months. I also observe PH and adjust time to kick on to flatten bell curves