2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Mindstream Parameter Monitor  (Read 950 times)

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Mindstream Parameter Monitor
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:22:56 »
https://www.reef2rainforest.com/2019/07/11/long-awaited-mindstream-monitor-comes-to-u-s-market/

Interesting monitor to compete with the others on the market. Quite pricey but you get 10 parameters tested every 15 minutes.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Mindstream Parameter Monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 22:45:08 »
I noticed it says it tests carbonate alkalinity vs total alkalinity. It will be interesting to see feedback as it starts being put to use. Love the competition. I got a trident over a  week ago. Haven’t installed it yet because I have been so busy but I hope to this week sometime

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 11:40:19 »
Ya I noticed that. Would that bring potential problems?

You’ll have to give us a full report once you’ve had a chance to hook your Trident up!

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 12:30:33 »
about 3 years ago i tried to be a beta tester for them, but wow i find it quite expensive and being a subscription for the testing pads, seems like a day late in the industry!

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 13:37:38 »
With it being in the ballpark of the trident, plus you don’t have to calibrate it and you get 6 more tests every 15 minutes....I think the price is comparable. But, that $35/month is ridiculous! It appears that that is the “low” end of the potential monthly charge....wow
about 3 years ago i tried to be a beta tester for them, but wow i find it quite expensive and being a subscription for the testing pads, seems like a day late in the industry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 14:44:20 »
With it being in the ballpark of the trident, plus you don’t have to calibrate it and you get 6 more tests every 15 minutes....I think the price is comparable. But, that $35/month is ridiculous! It appears that that is the “low” end of the potential monthly charge....wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

let's be honest ALK is the only thing needing to be measured hourly (and i only think that because of the alkatronic i have), PO4, no3, ca, MG and whatever else only needs measured weekly or at most every few days.

$35 a month to measure these way too often is just throwing away $ and it looks like an eye sore in the tank!