2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: AIO systems  (Read 1441 times)

Offline ucbearcats

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
AIO systems
« on: August 16, 2017, 13:55:07 »
I have been looking to get back into saltwater lately.  It has been several years since I have had one.  I was wondering if there is a reasonably priced aio system that has lighting to keep most corals.  I still have some convincing to do with my wife.

Offline thepipbull

• Adult
Re: AIO systems
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 15:29:35 »
reasonably priced is the problem. I just set up 2 red sea systems. They are great tanks and come with everything you need  but expensive and were missing parts with both setups. Red Sea's customer service was horrible and had to get Bulk reef involved to get fixed.
I've seen a couple used setups around but would need different lights and usually add on mods like skimmer etc.....

Offline Humphrey

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 20:11:41 »
I just got the JBJ 28 gallon nano from this board. There is an LED  erosion but I got the CFL. They have the tank only at Gerbers for 200 I think. Looks like it has 250 Par near the top so you could do most things I'd think.  That's the low end.

Another option...  supercheap...  petco $/gallon right now....  make you're own by adding a glass wall with an overflow.

Innovative marine seem really nice, but they're a little more expensive.

How big you thinking?

Offline ucbearcats

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 21:12:42 »
I'm probably looking for no bigger than a 28 gallon.  I will have to look into that dollar a gallon sale.  Thank you