2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: SB reef mounts  (Read 2644 times)

Offline erky

• Adult
SB reef mounts
« on: March 16, 2018, 17:14:47 »
i recently switched lights, but did not switch mounts on my tank, well i have been having a few rtn issues in the last month, so i am awaiting an ICP report to come back to me. be aware that these mounts rust!!!!!

i had 6 of those mounts on my 180, so i hope i dont have some weird metal issue in the tank.

Offline docsky

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Fry
Re: SB reef mounts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 13:40:32 »
Are you still running the SB reef leds? I have thought about switching from 3 400watt halides to 6 of the 16" sb basic units.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 13:57:30 »
That’s crazy they used metal for that. Ocean Revive bars are aluminum and tank mounts are plastic. Chris had same issue and it was impacting his corals. Not sure what light brand it was but looked same so may have been SB

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 17:13:10 »
Are you still running the SB reef leds? I have thought about switching from 3 400watt halides to 6 of the 16" sb basic units.

i actually just switched, i still have them if you are interested, i would suggest not using their supports and just mounting them with some wire. send me a om if youd like.

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 17:16:11 »
That’s crazy they used metal for that. Ocean Revive bars are aluminum and tank mounts are plastic. Chris had same issue and it was impacting his corals. Not sure what light brand it was but looked same so may have been SB

yeah i switched to hanging two of the lights and using the aluminum mount on one of the hard to get to lights.

Offline andys1982

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 09:35:30 »
They switched to aluminum over a year ago