Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: 150gal Tank Rehab  (Read 608 times)

Offline Miles

• Adult
Re: 150gal Tank Rehab
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 14:47:47 »
Just a note, the DOS doser in conjunction with Fusion, in my opinion, is the easiest (although not the cheapest) 2 part dosing system.

Yeah... the DOS in conjunction with the Trident is a best case scenario because I'm assuming that you can probably do some sort of "set it and forget it" with the two where the Apex will self regulate. But honestly even with the BRS dosing pump you should be able to basically accomplish the same thing, but I don't think auto dosing based off the Trident readings is really necessary. As long as you are keeping track of the test results, you should be able to tune it in pretty fast and self adjust. 
150 gal mixed reef/ 100 gal sump/ 20 gal frag tank / several other misc. setups
Clownfish Breeding Log
Peppermint Shrimp Breeding Log
Tank Pics
75 gal Tank Profile
150gal Build

Offline Reeferntraining

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 15:02:17 »
My experience is that on the weekends everyone is home and that causes my pH to drop pretty significantly which in turn slows my consumption of alk and calc. If I donít adjust the dosing, my alk will go up too high by Monday. The awesome thing about the Fusion/DOS combo is that you just open the doser and click the amount you want to dose(for a particular time slot you have established) and then send it to the apex. Takes about 20 seconds. With a BRS doser, youíd be going in there and removing or adding programming constantly. That doesnít sound fun. Again, this is just my experience. I will be purchasing a second DOS when I get the new build completed.

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 15:07:25 »
I probably will pick up a DOS at some point... the combo of the DOS and the Trident are right about the same price as buying a Ca Reactor....
Clownfish Breeding Log
Tank Pics
75 gal Tank Profile
150gal Build

Offline Reeferntraining

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 15:12:46 »
Ya, thatís gonna be a dream combo...

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 08:10:48 »
Got my new Apex head unit and transferred everything over....

but now I am experiencing a weird situation where my Return pump keeps getting shut off. Whenever the return is set to auto, the WoFDwn switch reads closed after a few seconds and then shuts down the pump, but there is no water on the floor.... kinda stumped. Here's the code, anyone have any ideas?

Code: [Select]
Fallback ON
Set ON
Defer 003:00 Then ON
If WoFDwn CLOSED Then OFF //Water on Floor sensor downstairs
If WoFUp CLOSED Then OFF //water on floor sensor upstairs
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
If FeedB 000 Then OFF
If FeedC 000 Then OFF
If FeedD 000 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF

EDIT: I think I may have figured it out... I think that water on floor sensor is dirty, or has gone bad.... I had a statement in my Text/Email alerts that deferred for 2 minutes to prevent me from getting false positives on alerts. I removed that statement and I started getting alerts every few seconds from that sensor being Closed... so it is toggling back and forth. Guess I'll have to take a look at it this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:36:12 by Miles »
Clownfish Breeding Log
Tank Pics
75 gal Tank Profile
150gal Build

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 07:59:17 »
Used some rubbing alcohol to clean the water on floor sensor, and the spot on the floor where it sits last night, and haven't had any issues since.
Clownfish Breeding Log
Tank Pics
75 gal Tank Profile
150gal Build