Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: The nightmare begins!  (Read 8029 times)

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
Re: The nightmare begins!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 22:49:43 »
Ive  ran into my first real problem with my aefw treatment program.  Since I pulled most all of my live rock from my system my phosphates have skyrocketed.  tonight they tested at .47  Ouch.  started dosing lanthanum. Red slime going crazy on the sand bed and corals seem stressed.  Hoping the phos come down soon.
Jeff

Offline Reeferntraining

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 08:15:04 »
Jeff, I think the new stand is a fantastic idea rather than trying to retro fit the old one. Your build looks great and just like my two stands. I used the same schematic from RC lol.

As for the PO4, are you feeding the corals? And are the corals in the same system as the fish?

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 09:43:05 »
I as a general rule dont feed my corals, just lots of light.  I believe my home made mixture of frozen food I feed is high in phosphates.  I have to dose lanthanum  on a regular basis for phosphates.  I think I will do some experimenting with my food and put it in some water and test it for phosphates.
Jeff

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 20:19:57 »
I installed the glass bracing and the glass patches for the holes in the bottom of the tank today.  Also cut the aluminum angle for the top and bottom frames.  Should get them welded next week and then off for powder coating. 
Jeff

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 21:43:48 »
Looking good :)

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 22:48:46 »
Thanks Brian, Im gonna have to do a porch swing by for the clubs 63mm hole saw.  I am going with a synergy shadow overflow that I need to drill for.  Just thinking about drilling the tank makes me nervous even though everyone says it is easy.  My newest issue is the power supply for my leds that I just bought died yesterday.  Back to the 2 t-5 bulbs till I can get things sorted out.  Luckily most of my corals are in my frag tank that is still fully lit.
Jeff

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 12:22:32 »
I have two black box LEDs that I'm not using.  You are welcome to use them as long as you need them

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 22:48:41 »
Since my tank is temporarily  in the dark I decided to switch over my lighting into the new hood that I built.  My t-5 lights died on me yesterday, while I was switching things over today I found a burnt up bulb socket and the pins of the bulb basically gone.  I ordered a new light socket tonight.  Luckily most of my corals are in my frag tank which are still fine.  Planning on welding up the top and bottom frames tomorrow then off to powder coating.

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 21:58:21 »
Finally cut and fit the aluminum angle to the tank frame today.  My boss is a very good tig welder and he welded it for me.  A little grinding of the welds and it will be off to power coating.  Next step will be drilling holes for my overflow and installing the frames after I get them coated.
Jeff

Offline Reeferntraining

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 11:08:32 »
Moving along Jeff. Looking good!

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 11:59:38 »
That is really turning out great! What color are you going to powder coat?

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 21:45:12 »
I thought about going with the standard black but I might just go with a chocolate brown.  I painted the stand and hood an antique white and put a brown glaze overtop of the white.  The brown would be something different then the standard black and would match the stand.
Jeff

Offline Agame43

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 22:01:40 »

Looks great Jeff!

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 21:32:52 »
Finished up the new stand.  Im pretty happy with the way it came out.  My old stand was a dark cherry and I think this one being antique white will brighten the look of the new tank.   I should have measured before I tried to take it down stairs.  I ended up having to remove the trim to get it through the basement door. 

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 23:05:25 »
Very nice!

Club Tools

Par Meter

Fish Trap

Thermometer

Suction Cups

Manjo Wand