Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: Lazy’s Coral House Build Thread  (Read 11816 times)

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Lazy’s Coral House Build Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2019, 08:43:16 »
That’s no fun. Sorry you are having issues as well

I had a water test from ATI sitting around my office, so i mailed that in monday, hopefully it made it to California in time for them to get it to Germany in time for this weeks tests.

I find it silly to mail it to CA then to have them remail it to Germany. I was in contact with a company here locally about doing ICP testing, they were interested but couldnt test for everything we wanted. Nitrate was one of the items they couldnt test for.

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2019, 10:20:08 »
It is really slow. Did you mail it overnight or just standard usps mail? When I sent mine it took two weeks from when it arrived in California. I overnighted it on a Monday. Arrived in California on Tuesday. Arrived in Germany on Thursday. Then took them a week and a half to test and provide results. They say they test it the day they get it. It takes them 1.5 weeks to prepare and load results to website which seems insane. So if you did regular mail plan for three weeks from when you mailed it.

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2019, 10:24:54 »
It is really slow. Did you mail it overnight or just standard usps mail? When I sent mine it took two weeks from when it arrived in California. I overnighted it on a Monday. Arrived in California on Tuesday. Arrived in Germany on Thursday. Then took them a week and a half to test and provide results. They say they test it the day they get it. It takes them 1.5 weeks to prepare and load results to website which seems insane. So if you did regular mail plan for three weeks from when you mailed it.

i mailed it first class to their corp office, they sent me that address last year when it took a total of 19 days to get results. LIKE HELLLO my tank is melting run my water, turned out nothing was wrong with the water last year! CORAL worse than the highest maintenance woman around!

If i can get a local company to test for me i'd be all over it, even if it doesn't include a few things that triton/ati do.

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2019, 16:56:51 »
I don't understand why it takes them so long. They told me when I emailed them that they test the day they receive them in Germany at the lab and said results are posted 1.5-2 weeks after tested. Why on earth does it take 1.5 - 2 weeks to post the results. I would think it would be near real-time. They should offer a same day service for those that are desperate for results. I would pay double if I had to, to get results in a couple days.

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2019, 09:34:26 »
I don't understand why it takes them so long. They told me when I emailed them that they test the day they receive them in Germany at the lab and said results are posted 1.5-2 weeks after tested. Why on earth does it take 1.5 - 2 weeks to post the results. I would think it would be near real-time. They should offer a same day service for those that are desperate for results. I would pay double if I had to, to get results in a couple days.

their response was in doing a prepaid generic USPS shipping label it can take a week or more for them to get the original water sample, then they overnight it to Germany. i find that hard to believe for $35 we are mailing something to CA then also paying for an overnight to germany, and then the test, and finally they make a profit. something just seems strange.

onward in my progress to find a company to do it for me

Offline tank121

• Fry
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2019, 00:56:33 »

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2019, 00:04:56 »
All the softies and lps are almost at a 100% color and health. SPS are showing improvements but their recovery has been much slower. Alkalinity consumption is at 87ml per day which is super low but better then the 38ml I was at 6 weeks ago. It will be a good couple of years to acquire and grow out the sps where I was a year ago but the future is looking promising.

Offline Trini 2D Bone

• Premium Member
  • Fry
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2019, 00:08:40 »
What are you dosing and monitoring alkalinity with?

Offline NeveSSL

• Premium Member
  • Fry
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2019, 13:05:58 »
Kudos for sticking with it!  So sorry this happened. Your perseverance is impressive.

Brandon

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2019, 23:45:41 »
I dose with BRS 2 part and monitor with Hannah alk dkh and sailfert test kits.

Thank you Brandon

Offline casper320

• Premium Member
  • Fry
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2019, 09:21:37 »
What are you running your PAR levels at for your SPS? How often do you feed your corals?

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2019, 15:53:32 »
SPS are under 100-800. Most are 250-350. In the past I  fed daily with a custom mix of fish food that also had small micron food for the sps. I had to stop because I found  other things benefited from the food that were undesirable. SPS loved it and showed positive benefits but so did aptasia, vermid, spionidae, hydroids etc...

Offline casper320

• Premium Member
  • Fry
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2019, 09:03:30 »
Thanks! So far managed to keep aiptasia out of my current tank. Vermitid snails got in but I was quick to stop them and I haven't seen any since. Spirorbid worms seem to always get in somehow, they seem under control so I think I'm good to feed often. Crossing my fingers that none of the macro pests don't show up.

I watched a recent update on the BRS 160 and they were saying aiptasia was choking out a lot of their sps. Its interesting how even the experts are plagued by the reef tank herpes.

Maybe a berghia nudibranch may help.

Offline Steve

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2019, 23:24:07 »
Finally got to see the new set up, very nice and the work you and your wife did on your house was beautiful.

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2019, 09:47:21 »
Thank you :)

Club Tools

Par Meter

Fish Trap

Thermometer

Suction Cups

Manjo Wand