Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: Fritz Reef Pro Mix - "Complete Sea Salt"  (Read 118 times)

Offline tidepool

• Adult
Fritz Reef Pro Mix - "Complete Sea Salt"
« on: February 09, 2019, 14:34:49 »
Greetings from the Great White North...

Not sure how relevant this will be to everyone in OH, but thought I would post anyways, so my pain would be your gain...

For some reason, I/O Reef Crystals are no longer being shipped to Canada - the "new" big boy on the block in our LFS's is Fritz RPM (comes in red or blue boxes) which also comes from the US... Lately, I was having issues with my I/O mixing cloudy and having "scum" on the water surface - this coupled with great things I read online about Fritz made the switch seem like a good idea... anyways, I noticed "issues" with my Alk and thought it was my doser... turns out its my salt mix!  All the videos I have seen posted about Fritz share how "great" their quality control program is and that their salt mixes to a DKH of @ 9.8 - 10 DKH... well my salt mix (blue box) is coming in at only 6.89 DKH so the spikes have been happening during water changes... a number of other local reefers have told me the same thing - the ones using the "blue box" mix to @ 7 DKH while those using the "red box" mix to DKH of @ 11 ... so if you have or are thinking about switching - make sure to test the Alk and other parameters BEFORE your 1st water change...

YES,  I should have known better and tested when I made the salt switch on my own... Stupid, Stupid, Stupid me...

Club Tools

Par Meter

Fish Trap

Thermometer

Suction Cups

Manjo Wand

Laser

Chemistry Kit

Hole Saws

Frag Saw

Chiller

Stats