Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: AV99 Coral Pics  (Read 158 times)

Offline Agame43

• Premium Member
  • Adult
AV99 Coral Pics
« on: April 06, 2019, 14:47:20 »

Aquavista99,

I got 4 really nice frags from you out at the IndMas Frag swap recently - Sky Parade, Blue Demon, Purple Plasma and Raptor. Could you post a picture of each so that I can ID the frags better? I believe I know two of them but the other two frags look similar?

Thanks Rick

Offline aquavista99

• Elder
Re: AV99 Coral Pics
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 16:34:59 »
Let me dig them up for you if I can find where I saved them.  The Raptor is over the top nice too. I took a few new pictures of various corals I am growing out recently as well. May need to take some new pictures of some of the frags you requested.  :) The fuzzy Reef Hero Blue Demon that you received from me is a favorite too. 

AV99 Lightning In A Bottle

Reef Raft Pink Floyd

Reef Raft Limitless

Matt V Rainbow Envy

Found a few AV99 Raptor pictures for you  ;)

Purple Plasma  ^-^

Offline saltybuckeye

• Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 17:10:13 »
Wow!👍

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 20:42:42 »
Lightning in a bottle is a nice piece Tim.  If you dont mind when you come up with a new av99 coral are they corals that you have imported and grow out to see what it blossoms into?  For instance your orange crush has been a great coral that is offered by quite a few people now. How did you get and grow out that coral?  Always wondered where the corals come from when the different collectors grow out to sell.
Jeff

Offline aquavista99

• Elder
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 17:51:17 »
Thanks for the compliment, Jeff. The Orange Crush was a local find many years ago. It came from Joel at Aquariums Etc back in 2005 or so (ie, from an Indo shipment he received). Back then, you could buy a colony for the price of a frag today. Over time, the Acropora Florida coral I purchased many years ago turned into something special.  I don't import corals, just a hardcore hobbyist with a passion for the sticks going back well over a decade now.

My AV99 Orange Crush mother colony  - photographed top-down in 2011 if I recall  ;)

Offline Agame43

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 20:46:18 »

Tim,
   thanks for sharing the pictures, great looking corals and my frags look really good as well.

Cheers!

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 21:48:56 »
Hey maybe one day you will be the next Jason Fox :)
Jeff

Club Tools

Par Meter

Fish Trap

Thermometer

Suction Cups

Manjo Wand

Laser

Chemistry Kit

Hole Saws

Frag Saw

Chiller