2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Dave's seahorse tank build  (Read 1464 times)

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
Dave's seahorse tank build
« on: April 23, 2015, 11:23:45 »

ell since we have moved and I finally have my 185 set back up and running it's time for another build. This time we are going to do seahorses. Fascinating little things, I am stuck between redi and erectus, I will not be doing dwarf, to many issues.

I picked up a pre drilled 55 last night, I have lots of extra equipment from previous builds so I think I am good there.

I scored this beauty at a local Lfs for a check of a deal

I had been working on a tank stand for the last few nights but had to take it all back down and make it longer due to going from a 40 breeder to a 55

So just a little heads up on what's going to be an adventure. Please feel free to chime in with thoughts and ideas as were going

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
Re: Dave's seahorse tank build
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:19:51 »
Last night turned out pretty good as my stand made some headway toward staining, we have one door cut out and now to do 3 more

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:52:19 »
sounds like a cool project.  seahorses are for sure an interesting critter.
Jeff

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 13:10:27 »
Nice day here in Dayton, got the rest of the door cut out and sanded, staind the stand and door and painted all the door trim, now waiting until later when my boys come over to help get this off the saw horses so we can mock up tanks and get ready to start the pipe laying process