2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: I'm excited!  (Read 1365 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
I'm excited!
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:37:56 »
All of my apex programming is complete and the hardware/electrical is installed to go from time-based ATO to float-switch-based ATO, and from RO topoff to kalkwasser topoff.  It also includes logic to NOT OD the tank with kalk if something happens and the float gets stuck for the ATO.  It will stir the kalk 4 times/day and not run the ATO if the kalk is still settling. 

Will finish up tomorrow.

Happy new year to everyone!

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: I'm excited!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:42:53 »
Good work Kevin, I think it is time for a tank tech tour with your Zx5. Lets see it!

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:55:35 »
It would've looked better before the massive alk drop to 6.5 DKh Christmas Eve.  Mostly dead corals now, hence the kalkreactor.  I'll see what I can do!
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:37:29 »
Man you have had some bad luck this past year!!  Seems that everytime you post on a new problem I have been experiencing the same issues.  I just bought metzcool's kalk reactor to do the same thing you are doing with your ato water.  My issue is steadily lower ph.  The absolute best I get during the day is 8.1 and at night it drops down to 7.8-7.9 range.  I am hoping that is my stn issues that I see now and then.  If you need some frags to get back started let me know.
Jeff