2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Caribsea Life Rock  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Caribsea Life Rock
« on: June 02, 2018, 15:16:49 »
I've made the decision to replace my rock in my tank.   My past rock was Marco rocks, while that made a nice aquascaping rock, I wasn't going to have another year or so of white rock.  I decided to give the Caribsea Life Rock a try.

I ordered a 40# box of shelf rock, 40# of regular, and 20# box of shapes.  I think the coloring is pretty good, I chose this over some of the other colored rock, as it wasn't a solid purple color.  The rock is fairly heavy, while the outside surface of the rock is quite random and will make stacking similar to the rock like Marco rocks...  The rock is solid on the interior...... I always thought the Marco Rocks didn't have enough thick sections for good anaerobic areas in the rock.  I'm probably going to need one more box of rock.

The Shelf Rock and Regular Rock came indiviually wrapped in a brown wrapping paper.

The Shapes Rock came wrapped in bubble wrap and Styrofoam peanuts

The Shapes rock really should have had more protection, two of the 5 pieces had broken up......but it should be easily repaired with a little glue/epoxy.  This was an arch

Here are shots of the rest of the rock......

The shelf rock has one side that is flat.  Which will make the base nice, but I'm going to give these some feet, so they don't fit flat on the bottom of the glass.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Caribsea Life Rock
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 17:54:57 »
Rock repair went well, it should be just fine.  Doing some rock stacking.....Will take a little time to figure out.

This is going to be plenty of rock.

[/url]

Offline Gary

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 21:26:26 »
Nice arches!  Linda, my wife, really likes design. Now I may have to make changes to my tank.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 22:53:45 »
Looks nice Paul
Jeff

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 07:31:24 »
I just set up a tank for a client using the the reg rock and the shapes rock, looked pretty nice. An odd occurrence I had using this rock was it caused a ton of foam to form in the sump. I was concerned that some sort of contaminate had gotten in the water but learned it was from a bonding agent used in the shapes rock. Pic is of the sump 2 days after set up, the foam was much worse the day before. By weeks end it was pretty clear and was able to use P skimmer

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 09:33:38 »
Thanks for the tip.  Maybe I'll setup a soak for the rock before I use it.