2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Let me know what you think of my tank!! Kind of new!!  (Read 2143 times)

Offline salt newbie

• Juvenile
Just some pics of my almost month old tank! i also have a shroom and some zoo's and a neon center candy cane but the are hard to get a good pic of!! Enjoy!!

Offline dlcrawle

• Adult
Re: Let me know what you think of my tank!! Kind of new!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 23:00:29 »
looking good that tang is one heck of an eater (you should see the belly on him) I think I can get you a little more rock to put in there and also I will have some macro algae for your sump in a couple weeks too. Also may have an anemone for you since I no longer have clowns and have four of them lol. I think I will keep the long tentacle and green bubble. May give you the white sebae to see if your clowns will take to it.

See ya

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 23:16:42 »
Nice start going on your tank  :-ThumbUpsm

Dont forget to post a profile for it  :smiley-happy112: and let us know all about it. Size,Lights, filtration, etc
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 23:20:11 »
Your tank looks like Scott Wilson's old 90g tank....I remember that tank very well ....I use to babysit his reef when he went on vacation. He had it drilled for a closed loop. In any event, it looks like you are off to a good start!  :-ThumbUpsm

Offline salt newbie

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 21:59:40 »
thanks d that will be awesome!!!!  Kenn i wrote a new member introduction that has a description and picture of my tank and filtration! Yes this is scotts old tank i bought it a few weeks ago!! i had to block the flow holes cause i dont have a dart pump :(

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 18:53:04 »
Looks nice.  Is the one rock in the picture the only one with bubble algae?  If so I would pull that sucker out of the tank and get rid of the bubbles.  I am not real sure but I think you might be able to bleach the rock to kill off the bubble spores.  Once those suckers get started in the tank they are very hard to control.
Jeff