2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Tire Review - Blizzak Tires  (Read 313 times)

MechanicalEngineer

Tire Review - Blizzak Tires
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:22:40 »
Unfortunately, the Mustang is going to have to be my daily driver for one more winter here.  So, she's a V8 with a hatchback with summer tires.  Needless to say, she fishtails in rain. 

I did a lot of research, and everyone recommended the Bridgestone Blizzaks for a Mustang in snow.  But, many people also told me that tires wouldn't make a difference.  I decided it was worth a try.

Previously, if there was a single snowflake on the ground, my car pretty much would just spin.  I had the Blizzaks installed on Friday, right before we got snow! 

Saturday morning, I took Nadia out.  Not only did I get down my sloped driveway, she never slippeed.  I tried nearly flooring her in the snow...and she only barely started to fishtail (which was completely controllable.)  I tried getting on the gas in a turn...and only the slightest controllable fishtail.  I even slammed on the brakes...and just a touch of a fishtail.  I figured those were the worst-case scenarios.  In just normal driving, there was complete control.  Will and I took the Jeep out later...and I think the Mustang is handling better in snow now than the Jeep in 4WD (at least in light snow.) 

We had a good couple of inches by late last night, so I took her out again...and same as before.  I don't have to shovel my driveway!!   ;D

I'm extremely impressed.  I never thought the stang had a chance to be driven in snow...much less be able to handle well in snow.  Although the tires had a steep price-tag ($470 for 4 on 15" rims), they were well worth it. 

Two thumbs way up!