2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Another reason to be a club member and come check out a meeting  (Read 5447 times)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
I just wanted to highlight another benefit of being a club member.  For anyone that hasn't attended a meeting yet or is on the fence about signing up as a club member: at the meetings we have drawings for gift certificates to our sponsors.  We had a great meeting last night and I think every club member in attendance won a $25 gift cert to one of our sponsors.  ;D

Rode up to Troy and finally got a Mandarin and some live food with my gift cert today.  Thanks again for hosting Tim.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline aquavista99

Re: Another reason to be a club member and come check out a meeting
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 23:45:59 »
We enjoyed having you at the meeting last night. I already used my gift certificate I won last night to Buckeye Field Supply as well.

quote author=cyberwollf link=topic=6638.msg53834#msg53834 date=1253500130]
I just wanted to highlight another benefit of being a club member.  For anyone that hasn't attended a meeting yet or is on the fence about signing up as a club member: at the meetings we have drawings for gift certificates to our sponsors.  We had a great meeting last night and I think every club member in attendance won a $25 gift cert to one of our sponsors.  ;D

Rode up to Troy and finally got a Mandarin and some live food with my gift cert today.  Thanks again for hosting Tim.
[/quote]

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 20:01:22 »
im not yet a member who do i become one  and does it cost money
SIZE DOES MATTER

Reefd Up

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 20:19:18 »
im not yet a member who do i become one  and does it cost money

The cost is $10 per year which helps cover the cost of hosting the website, fragswaps, the cost for filing as a non-profit organization, etc.  In exchange, you'll receive access to member-only boards, the ability to enter the raffle to win gift certificates from our sponsors at meetings if you go, and special deals given to members by the sponsors.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I belive our fragswap was also free to members.

You can pay either online by PayPal on the homepage or in cash at a meeting to one of the board members.

Most people that join and come to a meeting win a gift certificate for $25 in the first couple of meetings...and that covers their membership costs just by discounting their cost at a sponsor's store.

Offline jeremyt

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 20:51:26 »
i won a GC the first meeting i went to ;D

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 22:55:28 »
is there differnt leaves of club dues  or is it all the same
SIZE DOES MATTER

Reefd Up

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 10:56:00 »
Not quite sure what you mean, but once you're a member, you're a member.  No different levels or anything.  We're not that exclusive. 

Just a plug for the club, $15 will cover membership for the rest of this year (2009) and the entire year for 2010. 

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 22:03:25 »

Thats cause I wernt thar.
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline jungliztkruger

• Adult
    • my other hobby...fire
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 23:04:27 »
next week i will be bringing a frag of dragon eyes zoas for the raffle.