2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: What do you Test, How often, and with what brand  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Cole Harlow

• Adult
What do you Test, How often, and with what brand
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:25:11 »
Hi, everyone I am a taking a class at OSU on entrepreneurship and I am learning to do surveys of potential customer populations. As a class assignment I was supposed to create a survey regarding existing products in a specific industry. Below is a post I made on R2R about people's testing preferences. If everyone viewing this thread could take the time to respond to this 10 question survey which will take 1-2 minutes I would be extremely thankful. If you have already seen this survey on R2R and responded please do not respond again, I don't think the software would let you but just in case! The original R2R post is below. Thank You!

Hi, everyone I am interested in learning about the tests people use for their reef tanks. Specifically I would like to know of the five parameters Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity, Phosphates, and Nitrates which you test for. I would also like to know how often you test each of these parameters and which brands you use to test them. To make answering these questions easy I created a simple 10 question survey on Survey Monkey. The survey should be very quick and will only take 1-2 minutes at most. The link is below

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NFF8MX5

The reason I chose the five parameters I did was that I wanted the survey to be brief and in past questions of the day on R2R I found that the five parameters listed were by far the most tested parameters in this hobby.

If anyone has any comments on why they test at the frequency they do, and with the brands they do it would be greatly appreciated! More information is always helpful when making decisions! If for any reason the link is not working please let me know and I will fix it asap! I will also post the results from the survey to this page as screenshots so that everyone can benefit!

Thank You,
Have a great day
90 gallon shallow

Offline dbowman

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: What do you Test, How often, and with what brand
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 11:15:36 »
done, i will look for this on r2r

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 12:55:54 »
Done

Offline Cole Harlow

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 13:02:44 »
Thank you very much! The local support is always great to have! I also have to do a few interviews to talk to specific people about complaints with current products and get deeper peoples opinion on my proposed product. If anyone would be interested in participating in this please let me know either through this thread or direct message me! All interviews shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes and can be done over the phone!

Thank You Again!
CMH
90 gallon shallow

Offline Straasha

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 18:05:05 »
Done

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 19:08:22 »
Done.  👍🏻

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 23:08:35 »
Done

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 23:54:29 »
Done

Offline Cole Harlow

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 11:39:15 »
Thank You all for the help. If anyone hasn't resonded already the survey is still open! If anyone wants to see some of the early responses follow this link https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/what-do-you-test-how-often-and-with-what-brand.729156/ .

Have a great day!
CMH
90 gallon shallow

Offline kellyj

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 13:38:52 »
Done

Offline Keith92

• Keith92