2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: lets go to the range  (Read 4722 times)

Offline HUNGER

lets go to the range
« on: March 01, 2010, 20:27:01 »
i know some of us have guns and likes to shot  we should get toghter and hit up the range
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: lets go to the range
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 20:32:04 »
I got a freind who is a member at vandialia I am up there a few times a month... Its scary how good i have been shooting recently  ;D
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

lilleigh

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 20:44:00 »
Sounds good!

16" Bushmaster M4, Flat top receiver, Trijicon optics (with the bible codes),
24" Bushmaster Varminter, 6.5-20X 56MM Leupold optics, getting 1-2" Groups @ 300 yards on a good day at the Ft Loramie range.
Walther P99 chamber in 9MM, full size for carry
Walther P22 for fun, oddly fairly accurate.
Remington 870 for Trap/Sporting clays
Original Springfield M1 Garand (as in, OG, from the armory) just for fun.

And now I am considering the Sig P250, or P226 in .40 as a carry. Not sure which. I love the stal of the P226, but they have an awesome deal on the P250 with both full, and compact frames. And the Walther P380. Which is almost a P22 chambered in .380 instead of .22LR.

I visit the Vandalia range and armory a few times a month. Probably seen you there.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 20:44:48 »
have u got ur ccw yet
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 21:09:51 »
I haven't been shooting since I was a kid...  Would love to go again...  My accuracy has been pretty good on Call of Duty!! haha...
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 21:15:25 »

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 21:17:04 »
Gonna have to start pat downs at the beginning of meetings!! LOL

lilleigh

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 21:24:20 »
Gonna have to start pat downs at the beginning of meetings!! LOL

Go ahead, you'll never fidn it hehe.

Everyone should have a CCW. Even if they don't intend to carry, but to just exercise their right to have one. The first step toward oppression is taking away the ability to defend from government.

If that is against the rules Gary, please remove it ASAP. Just my opinion, not trying to start a fight.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 21:33:52 »
Go ahead, you'll never fidn it hehe.

Ill find it.....Im very thorough!!

If that is against the rules Gary, please remove it ASAP. Just my opinion, not trying to start a fight.

I dont see any problem with the occassional remark. If it turns into a debacle we will remove it.

lilleigh

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 21:36:32 »
Ill find it.....Im very thorough!!

I dont see any problem with the occassional remark. If it turns into a debacle we will remove it.

Crap, that right, your chosen career! If it makes you feel better, I don't carry normally, because I don't want that responsibility.

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 21:40:55 »
Crap, that right, your chosen career!

:copcar:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 21:47:15 by ohioreef »

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 21:43:23 »
Crap, that right, your chosen career! If it makes you feel better, I don't carry normally, because I don't want that responsibility.

Im the same way. If Im going to a shady section of town or buying something from someone i dont know off craigslist i normally carry  :laugh: The main reason I got it was to avoid unloading and carrying the gun and ammo seperate in the car.

Plus all i had to do was pay cash, since they waive the class for military  ;D

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 21:52:36 »
I'm totally game, I usually shoot at the Spring Valley outdoor range but the facilities at Vandalia Armory are awesome.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 21:54:55 »
yup got my ccw  i carry a springfield 40 xdm 
SIZE DOES MATTER

lilleigh

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 21:55:16 »
I'm totally game, I usually shoot at the Spring Valley outdoor range but the facilities at Vandalia Armory are awesome.

yes they are, You should pay to be  member. Cut down on the wait times for a spot! And don't buy their reloads, they are expensive, and they are crap hehe.

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 22:09:35 »
And don't buy their reloads, they are expensive, and they are crap hehe.

+1 I dont know why 9mm is so hard to find up here.  When i went back to Louisiana for Xmas i bought 1000 rounds.  100rounds for $20.  I think vandialia sells reloads for $12 for 50

My friend is a member so i just go with him. No wait and unlimited shooting for $7 if we share a lane

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 22:18:01 »
+1 I dont know why 9mm is so hard to find up here. 

That's because up here if it doesn't start with a .4 or higher we aint using it!

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 22:21:29 »
That's because up here if it doesn't start with a .4 or higher we aint using it!

lol Well i dont see anyone volunteering to go catch one of my 9mm downrange  :laugh:  A well placed .22 will do the job well also.  ;D

lilleigh

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 22:32:09 »
lol Well i dont see anyone volunteering to go catch one of my 9mm downrange  :laugh:  A well placed .22 will do the job well also.  ;D

LOL Exactly. I have friends who will ONLY carry a .45. And why? Yeah, one shot will most likely slow down, or knock someone on their rear. But you have a 6-7 rnd capacity. I can pull off 2 rnds of 9mm, within a few inches of each other, and have a 17 rnd capacity. And still be lethal @ 20-30 yards.

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 22:38:09 »
velocity is fast enough to enter and exit with 9mm.  .45 is big enough and slow enough that once it hits, it's gonna drag at a lot of tissue :)  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!  :D  When I was on the PD our magazines held 13 rounds, if I remember correctly.  I found this for 9mm, though... 33 rounds!

lilleigh

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 22:56:52 »
velocity is fast enough to enter and exit with 9mm.  .45 is big enough and slow enough that once it hits, it's gonna drag at a lot of tissue :)  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!  :D  When I was on the PD our magazines held 13 rounds, if I remember correctly.  I found this for 9mm, though... 33 rounds!

LOL. As an officer, I believe you were required to carry normal, FMJ ball ammo? As a civilian, I am carrying federal hydroshocks. So I lose velocity as soon as this round mushrooms and tears your organs to bits :P And I only lose velocity because of that. But you are correct sir, the .45 does much more tissue damage. So I guess it comes down to that balance. Big recoil, low mag capacity, great damage? Or Low recoil, high capacity, lower damage?

Personally I know at the range I am more accurate with the 9mm than the .45, so thats what I trust.

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 23:21:58 »
Hollow points if I remember correctly.  I grant you that if you can't hit the target, it doesn't matter the caliber you are using. :)

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 00:34:38 »
No ball ammo here!! We carry HPs, but not sure of the exact type off the top of my head and my .40 is at work.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 08:15:05 »
ya i use hp my self
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 20:10:18 »
Personal defense hydra-shocks