2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Looking to setup a store in Lima Ohio, any interest?  (Read 3007 times)

Todd

Looking to setup a store in Lima Ohio, any interest?
« on: December 09, 2006, 02:57:36 »
Well this hobby is more then addicting, a couple of my friends and I joked about setting up our own fish store seeing how there is basically nothing in Lima.  Pet Supplies Plus is growing but I don't know how much I trust their tanks and they don't have the best selection of corals.  Well it is more then a joke now, and we are really serious about doing it. 

What we were thinking is the store would be a private or members only store (in my basement).  Your membership fee would help pay for the initial cost of all the equipment and also the electric bill.  But the great thing is that the markup would be very very minimal.  We're not looking to make money off the store but a way to get wholesale goods.  Typically the markup on fish and corals is 100%-400% so think how cheap everything will be.

My firends dad has a bait shop in Spencerville so I think that will allow us to order through a fish supplier.  We are still looking for a couple of good suppliers, if anyone knows of any please let me know.

We plan on putting up a pond type setup similar to that in the Findlay Pet Supplies Store, and also are trying to round up cheap/free display tanks that will make it easier to see the fish.

Would anyone be interested in a setup like this?  If I can get a couple of more people interested I will definatly go ahead with the idea.  Also if anyone has any comments or ideas I would love to hear from you.  email me todd (at) videomemoriesinc.com

Thanks,
 Todd

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Looking to setup a store in Lima Ohio, any interest?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 06:13:54 »
I would suggest talking with Joel or Scott Wilson on here.  Scott runs his business from his basement so he knows first hand what it will take to have a successful business.  He and Joel could tell you the good the bad and the ugly.  :)

Todd

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 10:37:21 »
Thanks Micki, I will contact them with some questions.  I'm just not looking to turn this into a business like they are, if it can pay for itself I would be very happy but would also be fine if it costs me some money to keep it up and running, I still want it to be a hobby and not work.

If anyone would be interested and are close to Lima (I live of Allentown Rd W of Eastown) please let me know, I really want to make this work.
Thanks,
  Todd

Todd

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 13:59:52 »
I've had a couple of responses, but still looking for a couple of more people.  Come on everyone cheap fish and corals.

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 17:04:09 »
LIma is a haul for most people on here.  Alot of them are located Dayton south.  Only a couple north of dayton

Offline Hunter21

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 17:53:08 »
lima's too far for me...but GL with the store and hope everything works out for the best with it!!  ;D
Erin

Todd

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 18:22:11 »
Oh that's too bad there aren't more from the lima area.  I'll keep checking the forum to see if I can get any one else.  Thanks for all the responses.

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 19:13:36 »
being so far north might want to look at Northwestern Ohio Reef Club (NORA)

http://www.norareef.org/

I know there are several members of that club that live in Lima.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 20:52:26 by ohioreef »

Todd

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 10:15:00 »
Here are some pictures:

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 10:49:47 »
Cool!

bsinger

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 13:38:40 »
What is that going to be?

Todd

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 01:00:51 »
It is going to be a saltwater pond.  That hopefully I will sell fish and corals out of (for cheap of course)