2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Rare & exotic ??  (Read 4650 times)

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Rare & exotic ??
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2012, 09:52:03 »
 Would pay admission to it Wu. That would be sweet.

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2012, 09:57:32 »
The only one that you could really keep would be the upside down. Also you should not have ANY type of power water movement. I had to switch my tank over to a bubbler. I put a hob filter on the tank an aquaclear 30 which is only 150 gal/hr and the jelly got stuck on the intake.

Offline Bluewater

• Juvenile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:06:49 by Bluewater »

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2012, 10:21:08 »
I promise to read that...Unfortunately, I have to get ready for work here shortly. Perhaps if I explained the set up a bit better. The intake is a a turf scrubber and the outflow is a simple elbow with a cone filter attachment. Our set up has 5 tanks strung together(the thread on tank builds called Lucy's), so it wouldn't be a problem to have the intake for the powerheads be in another tank and take a line over for the flow in the planted tank. My problem/question would be that if I don't have the flow from the powerheads the macro algae will suffer,but I certainly wouldn't want to harm or put the upside down jellies in an environment they would find intolerable. I pretty much have to have the macro tank, but making it habitable to upside downers would be a major plus.