2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 100% improvement in the look of my corals, inverts, and fish!  (Read 1427 times)

Offline jeremy

• Fry
Scraped and cleaned the glass.  It didn't seem that bad, but I was wrong.  What a difference!  Most effective 10 minutes I've ever spent on the tank.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: 100% improvement in the look of my corals, inverts, and fish!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 13:37:07 »
Usually when you can see into the tank it's a good thing...
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Sanchezkk

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 13:47:39 »
@jeremy

What did you use?

Sent using my FOWLR phone on Tapatalk

Offline jeremy

• Fry
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 14:00:43 »
What did you use? 

A wet towel, a dry towel, and a razor blade. :)

Offline Sanchezkk

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 19:07:53 »
  :party0049: A wet towel, a dry towel, and a razor blade?

Please elaborate. :-bannanna

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 11:02:34 »
Dude, you were sooo right.  After taking a pic of my tank yesterday and seeing the stuff on the glass that you don't see under normal observation, I did the same thing.  Looks so awesome I'm putting myself in for TOTM at RC! j/k  Huge improvement, tho.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...