2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: used di resin wanted  (Read 1913 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
used di resin wanted
« on: January 11, 2016, 22:01:26 »
If anyone has any used color changing di resin they want to get rid of I will take it.  My rodi filter goes through di resin like crazy.  My rejection rate is good on my membrane so I think I have high co2 in my well water burning though the resin.  I am doing good to get 60 gallons of water processed through one di resin refill.  I am wanting to try and recharge the resin that I have so would like to try to recharge as much as I can get my hands on.
thanks
jeff

Offline chevydoc

• Juvenile
Re: used di resin wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 22:25:46 »
How can i get it to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 22:36:01 »
I may have some you can have. I'll look tomorrow.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 23:15:11 »
If any of you are going to the swap in cincy this weekend I will be there.  If you have enough of it I can pick it up.  Depends on how long I have to drive to get it if it would be worth my gas and time. 
thanks
jeff

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:19 »
How do you know when it time to change resin? I am on my 1st ever RO/DI unit and my resin is now orange to the top.

Thanks
It costs HOW much?!

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 08:43:42 »
If you have the color changing di resign it should be blue then when it's exhausted it all turns that rust orange color.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:05:58 »

If you have the color changing di resign it should be blue then when it's exhausted it all turns that rust orange color.
thanks soldier. I guess it's time to order a new one then. What about the others and the membrane? Do I just watch my tds and replace those when it starts to increase? Or is is best to change all at the same time?

It costs HOW much?!

Offline saltykid96

• Fry
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 12:43:07 »
Also just keep a eye on your Tds coming out. If it starts to go up something is going on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 15:14:07 »
What about the others and the membrane? Do I just watch my tds and replace those when it starts to increase? Or is is best to change all at the same time?

Your sediment and carbon filter will not remove TDS. They just get clogged. If it has been a while probably a good time to change them. Some people monitor them with a pressure gauge. I make drinking water with mine also and when I can begin to taste the chemicals from the water I change them.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 15:21:13 »
  Your sediment and carbon filter will not remove TDS. They just get clogged. If it has been a while probably a good time to change them. Some people monitor them with a pressure gauge. I make drinking water with mine also and when I can begin to taste the chemicals from the water I change them.
Thanks Steve, my one filter has now turned orange, and I will do a taste test tonight to see about the rest!

Thanks for the info
It costs HOW much?!

Offline frogfish

• Juvenile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 18:38:22 »
Not sure I will get a chance to change mine before the swap, but if I cal I will. Look for Fogfish at the swap, will be there with my 9 year old daughter from 11-1 most likely.  May have to leave earlier, but if I have it I will try to leave it for you.

I use two DI resin cartridges.  Typically I take my old one that still has some life and put it in the upstream filter and put new in the second filter.  I feel this lets the first DI knock it most of the way down and the second finishes it off to 0 TDS

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 22:23:48 »
Not sure I will get a chance to change mine before the swap, but if I cal I will. Look for Fogfish at the swap, will be there with my 9 year old daughter from 11-1 most likely.  May have to leave earlier, but if I have it I will try to leave it for you.

I use two DI resin cartridges.  Typically I take my old one that still has some life and put it in the upstream filter and put new in the second filter.  I feel this lets the first DI knock it most of the way down and the second finishes it off to 0 TDS
I appreciate any I can get my hands on.  I would like to recharge as much as I can at one time.  it involves using muratic acid so I want to get as much recharged at a time dealing with that stuff.  I should be set up at one of the hobbiest tables selling frags I have listed on fragswapper.
thanks
Jeff