2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Prepping for corals  (Read 6449 times)

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
Re: Prepping for corals
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 11:59:49 »
Get the one that has best ratio of good to bad water to save on water bill. E-mail Russ or call him and he will do rite by you. I have a 100GPD and ratio is 3-1 at o TDS most of the time. I push usage on filters and cartridges   :laugh: 
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Reefd Up

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 12:09:44 »
Even though BFS isn't a sponsor anymore :( they are VERY helpful and have really good quality equipment.  Russ gave us a great demonstration on different quality RO/DI units, what to look for, trouble-shooting, etc.  I'm sure some of us can give you some pointers at the meeting.

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 12:14:40 »
The way I see it, if BFS can't sponsor because of the economy, it's the club's duty to reciprocate the support they have provided in the past so they can return as sponsors ASAP (that and they are the least expensive I can find :) )

Reefd Up

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 12:29:40 »
The way I see it, if BFS can't sponsor because of the economy, it's the club's duty to reciprocate the support they have provided in the past so they can return as sponsors ASAP (that and they are the least expensive I can find :) )

Great way to look at it!  It concerns me how we can keep sponsors like BFS since RO/DI parts aren't something we buy all the time (twice a year for replacement cartridges for me...and that's it.) 

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:15 »
That is a tuffy...

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 12:45:57 »
Even though BFS isn't a sponsor anymore :( they are VERY helpful and have really good quality equipment.  Russ gave us a great demonstration on different quality RO/DI units, what to look for, trouble-shooting, etc.  I'm sure some of us can give you some pointers at the meeting.
Are they still going to honor the gift certs. that are pending?
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 16:25:18 »
I think that sponsor gift certificates expired at end of year.

Reefd Up

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2010, 18:24:57 »
I know some sponsors have in the past honored them beyond the current year (especially when they were from December), but it is entirely up to each sponsor.  Some sponsors placed expiration dates on their cards.  Best thing to do is just contact them to see if they will still honor it.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 23:13:33 »
The card I have says Expires Dec 2010

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 23:52:08 »
Thanks, Reef'd Up for the "contribution."  I'll be watching closely to see what develops.  What kind of coral is it?

Reefd Up

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 23:53:43 »
It's just a few small, hardy, zoanthids (button polyps).  They're called "Eagle Eyes".  If they don't make it, no worries...there's more where that came from.  Just figured it'd be a cheap, nice start to your coral collection.  If they do well, you can move on to something else.  :)