2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Just finished my refugium/sump  (Read 1686 times)

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
Just finished my refugium/sump
« on: April 12, 2013, 23:29:19 »
Just got done with my sump/refugium.  Going to be going under my 90 gallon as soon as it decides to come in.  If anyone has constructed one of these before has any pointers for me, that would be awesome.  I got the glass installed, but I'm a little worried my top piece in the bubble trap might go up to far, not sure if this is going to be a big issues.  Well thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
Re: Just finished my refugium/sump
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 23:42:32 »

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 23:44:53 »
Just watch that you make the return pump chamber large enough.  When I built my first sump, that was the mistake I made and there was no way I could go for more than a day without topping off water.  with my latest setup, I can go 3 to 5 days depending on the weather.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 00:36:15 »
Here is your Pic Matt. Our site upload is not very intuitive. One of these days I will fix it. After uploading you have to copy/paste the link it gives back in the post. Here are some instructions http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=10024.0

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:54 »
Thanks, I had no idea were that picture had run off too.

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:50:32 »
I'll check the footprint for the return pump once I get it.  I'm hoping it will be large enough.  I only gave about four inches in room for the return.  Starting to think I might have to rework this one already.  Guess I didn't put quite as much thought into it as I had thought.  Oh, well this might be a back to the drawing board scenario.