2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Digital Aquatics RKE Elite System for Sale with additional hardware  (Read 1464 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Have the following system for sale:

Latest DA Reefkeeper Elite controller w/ latest firmware
3 ea PC4 4-outlet power modules
1 ea SL1 system lab module (temp/pH/ORPinputs plus switch inputs for ATO, alarms, etc)
1 ea HUB module
2 ea v2.06 System Interface Devices
1 latest rev temp probe
1 fully operational and calibrated pH probe with cover
All cables
pH cal solution

System is less than one year old, and includes additional PC4 module, SID module, and HUB module.  It is currently running my system, so buyer can come by and actually SEE it working, PC control, etc.

$400 - not parting out.

PM me if interested.
Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: Digital Aquatics RKE Elite System for Sale with additional hardware
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:12 »
Sold!  Neptune Apex OTW.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:19:23 »
Great choice! I want one

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 13:04:57 »
I cannot tell you how angry and disappointed that I am with DA.  And believe me, they are acutely aware of it as well. 

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 13:31:33 »
There are a lot of people that are mad at them. My personal experience was a lack of customer support for legacy products. Also how they require people to send in items for repair. Typically for something like this you would expect them to take a credit card number, send you replacement part and if you don't send them the problem part for repair charge your card. How they expect people to disconnect their reef controller for two months while they repair is beyond me. Maybe they are all like that but it is bad service IMO.

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 14:40:57 »
at lest they will repair there problems the one i have wouldnt even talk to me or anything
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 22:09:26 »
at lest they will repair there problems the one i have wouldnt even talk to me or anything

The customer service was good; the equipment is junk in my opinion.  Comms issues, firmware issues, unexplainable errors that caused the tank to go dead without warning - (DA had no answer for the errors, they had no reference for them.  NOT ALARMS)  Just a total PITFA.  The tank going dead on Wed and the temps dropping to 68 until we discovered the issue and restarted the system was the last straw.  Oh, and issuing a non-working firmware update on Wed PM and then taking what amounts to a 5-day holiday on the east coast did it for me as well. 

Nikki was right.  I'll admit it before she says it.  Went with a fully-loaded Apex.  Seeing Paul's system was the true selling point.

Kev

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 22:20:01 »
There must be something in the water over there at your place, youve had all kinds of trouble in this hobby...

I havent had any problems with my reefkeeper lite so far, but it isnt nearly as user friendly as the RK2 I had years ago. My views are,  the more you complicate things in this hobby (controllers, reactors, ozone, probes, dosing, kalk reactors :o  ect), the more room for catastrophic failure

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 22:48:26 »
  the more you complicate things in this hobby (controllers, reactors, ozone, probes, dosing, kalk reactors :o  ect), the more room for catastrophic failure

+1000
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 23:13:14 »
There must be something in the water over there at your place, youve had all kinds of trouble in this hobby...

Yeah - I've been kinda of an idiot regarding husbandry; didn't know and the books don't tell ya.  Don's right.  Do the research.  That is sorting itself out with the application of some common sense on my part.

Regarding my RKL, IT was ROCK SOLID.  The RKE was where the junk really came in.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 23:16:22 »
+1000

-999.  When you're not dosing, or using reactors, and just using a controller to turn stuff off and on, there's no issues.  At least, there shouldn't be.  It's just a frickin' fancy timer...

Kev

Offline Reefinmike

• was Illnino
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 00:28:29 »
It's just a frickin' fancy timer...

LOL

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 08:15:43 »
wasnt talken about u kev just sayen
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 10:55:23 »
wasnt talken about u kev just sayen
Don't worry, didn't take it that way.  Just really frustrated with the whole mess right now.  "As the Tank Turns"...

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 16:06:45 »
ok just maken sure    i bet u are 
SIZE DOES MATTER