2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Site Upgrade  (Read 10663 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Site Upgrade
« on: June 18, 2011, 02:41:37 »
Had to do a site upgrade to latest forum version this morning due to Security vulnerabilities. As a result it looks different and a few of the customization we had are not yet available for this version. Arcade and Chat for example. Hopefully I can find a suitable replacement or they come out with an update soon. I will also work over the coming weeks on the colors and graphics to get it better looking. If you come across any issues let me know here.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
Re: Site Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:55:54 »
Thanks Lazylivin!

Offline slandis3

• Lifetime Premium Member
    • Slandiscreations
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:56:05 »
Only issue I see so far is everything on my screen is pushed to the right making it kinda hard to post something. Gotta scroll way to the right to find the post button.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 07:17:22 »
Whew!  I thought it was just me when I first opened this up! You had the sight looking so good to!  I don't there is a quick reply now, is that correct?  Not that its that big or a deal to click a button.  :) 

FYI, I'm not having to scroll right to see anything

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 08:54:47 »
The themes are not there for me.  I just have the default ones that come with SMF

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 09:19:34 »
The themes are not there for me.  I just have the default ones that come with SMF

Me too.  I think that's what Brian was talking about when he said he would cleanup the colors etc.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:31 »
I was wondering what was up late last night ... I just thought my laptop was having a fit  :laugh:
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 13:17:31 »
Only issue I see so far is everything on my screen is pushed to the right making it kinda hard to post something. Gotta scroll way to the right to find the post button.

Mike can you take a screen shot and send it to me or upload here. It will help me troubleshoot the issue.

The themes were custom to our previous version. It may be some time before there are any suitable options.

I don't there is a quick reply now, is that correct?

This issue should be fixed now

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 13:26:40 »

This is what I seen on both home and work computer. The resolution is set at max for both monitors. Im not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 13:32:53 »
Can you try it in Internet Explorer to see if you get the same result?

Offline Kenn

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 13:40:08 »
It doesn't seem to have the same problems when using IE.

But I normally use firefox.
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 13:47:10 »
Can you try it in Internet Explorer to see if you get the same result?

If I have to lol. Although I can't use IE at work and access the site it blocks it for some reason.

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 13:48:39 »
Looks ok on IE.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 14:10:49 »
Can you try it again with Chrome Mike, I think I fixed it. Now on to getting our theme back.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 14:31:02 »
I am still having problems with fire Fox when replying to messages. The page isn't resizing to fit. Major scroll over.

Just FYI :)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 14:46:08 »
I think I got the issues with our old theme and the new version of SMF resolved. Is it showing up okay for everyone?

Offline Kenn

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 14:53:34 »
The Theme is running great now. Fire Fox.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 16:09:11 »
Theme seems to be working fine.

I'm also using Firefox 4.0.1 and have no screen sizing issues

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 17:14:24 »
Still having to scroll over on fire fox .

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 17:26:24 »
Mike can you try hitting F5 to refresh the page or delete cookies? I was wondering if it is caching the page for you. What version are you using as much info you could provide would help me to troubleshoot.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 17:31:23 »
Refreshing (f5) fixed the problem for me in Fire Fox

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 18:55:15 »
OK it works now had to refresh the page. I am running 4.0.1 i think lol

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 19:20:53 »
Great! I think the only things left are
  -Embeded Youtube video capability
  - Chat
  - Team Page
  - Bookmarks
  - Facebook Like (Anyone use this?)

If anything else missing/not working or even items we never had let me know and I will see what I can do.
Thanks

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 19:40:46 »
I can't get send messages.  Anyone else having this problem?  When I try to respond there is no place to type the message.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 20:23:48 »
Any chance for a screen shot Micki. That would help greatly.
Also check your settings from your My Messages Screen. Make sure:

- Display personal messages is set to - All at Once
and
   - Show most recent personal messages at top is checked.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 20:48:45 »
Dumb question, how do I get the screen shot... I can't remember for anything!

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 21:00:32 »
hit the prtScn button on the keyboard and that saves a copy to your clip board. I go to mspaint and past the pic there then upload it to photobucket.

Offline slandis3

• Slandiscreations
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 21:01:23 »
  - Chat
  - Team Page
  - Bookmarks
  - Facebook Like (Anyone use this?)

If anything else missing/not working or even items we never had let me know and I will see what I can do.
Thanks
How about the arcade?

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 21:11:00 »
hit the prtScn button on the keyboard and that saves a copy to your clip board. I go to mspaint and past the pic there then upload it to photobucket.

prtScn button?  I don't think I have one of those...  I thought there is a button that automatically saves the screen shot?  I've done it at work before but can't remember it

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 21:33:51 »
Yes the Print Screen Button. Once you do that you have to go to something like paint and click edit > Paste from the menu of that application. Then save it and upload it.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 23:01:31 »
I love the new sidebar feature.  Looks great!  Nice execution, Brian!

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 23:06:30 »
I don't like the sidebar, Can we make it not show up when your reading a thread.   Or disable by user?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 02:37:53 »
Thanks Kev. Paul I removed it from the Threads pages. Good feedback. Thanks

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 09:31:28 »
I think that works better, just being on the main forum page.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 10:28:34 »
+1

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 17:26:59 »
Finally...  This is what I get when I try to send or reply to a message

Offline Kenn

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 17:39:25 »
Micki, when you are on the reply page, have you tried pressing the F5 key ?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 18:21:11 »
Micki, when you are on the reply page, have you tried pressing the F5 key ?

+1. I can see it is there it is just all the way to the right. Refreshing the page should fix it.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 18:37:40 »
Yep, tried that.  Doesn't change anything. I also scrolled all the way over and the only thing there is grey page.  I'm also not receiving e-mail when there are responses to topics.  :(

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 19:09:43 »
Yep, tried that.  Doesn't change anything. I also scrolled all the way over and the only thing there is grey page.  I'm also not receiving e-mail when there are responses to topics.  :(

When you hit f5 did you see the page reload? If yes then delete cookies. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete -> Delete. When done close the browser, repopen it and see if that worked
I am assuming the not receiving emails is the existing issue for anyone with a WOH.RR.com email address. http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=10171.0
If it is not related to that check your notification settings.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 19:17:10 »
Micki I checked your notification settings and can see they are turned off. To turn back on go to your profile and select the Notifications option.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 19:18:39 »
When you hit f5 did you see the page reload? If yes then delete cookies. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete -> Delete. When done close the browser, repopen it and see if that worked
I am assuming the not receiving emails is the existing issue for anyone with a WOH.RR.com email address. http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=10171.0
If it is not related to that check your notification settings.

did all that and still the same problems... 

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 19:19:22 »
Micki I checked your notification settings and can see they are turned off.

The crazy thing, is I just got one about the BRS order...  But I don't get the other ones.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 19:20:54 »
I turned my notifications on Brian.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 19:23:03 »
Now that you have turned them back on and responded to this thread I can see it added your notification.  :-ThumbUpsm

When you did the previous steps to delete cookies did it require you to log back into the forum?

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 19:25:23 »
Now that you have turned them back on and responded to this thread I can see it added your notification.  :-ThumbUpsm

When you did the previous steps to delete cookies did it require you to log back into the forum?

Yes I had to log back in

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 19:26:56 »
Can you try changing your theme to see if it does it with the other one as well?

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2011, 19:35:49 »
It works with the other theme! 

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2011, 19:39:06 »
The site also seem a lot faster with this theme.  Is that possible or just me???

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2011, 19:42:51 »
The site also seem a lot faster with this theme.  Is that possible or just me???

Yes the site is faster with the other theme. It is one that is made by SMF Forum developers. Ours was made by DzinerStudio and I have made some customization that probably are effecting the performance a bit.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2011, 19:48:08 »
  - Chat
  - Team Page