2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Removing Anenome  (Read 2937 times)

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
Removing Anenome
« on: January 22, 2009, 15:19:13 »
Has anyone had success with getting a anenome off a rock I have had a modded maxijet on it for 3 days and I tried the ice cube on the foot.  This thing is not budging and its on a 30 lb piece of rock I can't take out.  I also have 2 more in the back corner of may tank if can get them out I will be putting them up for sale.  Any Ideas

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: Removing Anenome
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 15:57:46 »
Is it in a hole in the rock or can you easily see the attached foot?  If it's attached to the outside of the rock, you can use your finger nail or CC or something like that to get it started. 

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 18:47:03 »
When I took the last anemone out of my tank I used the ice cube trick. The first attempt was an absolute failure. After a little more research I learned it takes many, many, many ice cubes. I think I went through around 18 regular ice cubes from the standard ice cube trays.

If you only tired one or two ice cubes try again and be persistent. Also, take the rock out of the water if you can, it will make it much easier.

Another thing is to get a soft bristle tooth brush and gently slide it against the foot. I would try the ice cube again if i were you. But, completely your call.

Offline pontiac2002gtp

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 18:55:32 »
I only used 2 ice cubes for 5 mins maybe its a really hard place to get to kind of on the bottom of a rock and I can't take the rock out without some major work.  I'll try the ice cubes some more.