2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: LiveAquaria Salt  (Read 1332 times)

Offline dbjonesjr

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
LiveAquaria Salt
« on: February 23, 2020, 20:59:16 »
Have a bucket of LiveAquaria salt I don’t want. I had a nasty dino/cyano outbreak so I decided to try another salt as some have had problems with the LiveAquaria salt. Fixed my problem almost instantly. If anyone wants it it’s free for the taking. If you wanted to trade a frag or something for it that would be cool though. I’ve made less than 10 gallons with the bucket.

Offline Gary

• Adult
Re: LiveAquaria Salt
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 10:55:05 »
i'll trade some montipora for it.

Offline eslatts11

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 12:38:32 »
Have a bucket of LiveAquaria salt I don’t want. I had a nasty dino/cyano outbreak so I decided to try another salt as some have had problems with the LiveAquaria salt. Fixed my problem almost instantly. If anyone wants it it’s free for the taking. If you wanted to trade a frag or something for it that would be cool though. I’ve made less than 10 gallons with the bucket.

Just curious what new salt are you going with? I've been really conflicted on what I want to use in my new 225g. I used to use Fritz RPM in my 25g lagoon, but I think I was victim to some of their suspected "bad batches" but cant really confirm this, just suspicious. So I won't be using them anymore. Got a couple of boxes of HW-Marinemix Reefer, seems to mix up nice and clear but have no reviews yet of using it with a reef system. Other ones I've looked at are the Brightwell NeoMarine and the Tropic Marin. I've actually used Tropic Marin before in my very first tank and had good success with it.
-Slatts

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 13:05:21 »
I’m going to start using Instant Ocean. Just going to make in big batches and adjust alkalinity as needed. Right now I’m using a bucket of reef crystals but I think I’m going to switch to the regular. Cheap and time tested.

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 13:06:50 »
Also I’ve used Brightwell and really liked it except for the low alkalinity. It always mixed below 7 dKH for me.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 16:28:18 »
I have been using Brightwell for about a year now and really like it. True it runs a little low on Alk, easy to adjust with baking soda. If you choose IO you will want to check your CA and Mag as well. Notoriously low on Mag.

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 18:05:56 »
Thanks Steve. I’ll check the mag during my water change this Wednesday.