2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Who needs a new career?  (Read 630 times)

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
Who needs a new career?
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:54:57 »
I am doing a little kitchen remodel and have noticed this.

I installed a new light fixture.  The included directions were a picture (i think drawn by a 1st grader) and 9 steps that included nothing helpful.  One of the steps was if you don't understand these instructions in any way contact a licensed electrician.

In contrast to a Kitchen aide utensil hanger that can't burn my house down...
7 pictures 1 for each step and well written instructions....for a product no one should need instructions for.

Offline JoeAyers

Re: Who needs a new career?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 13:00:12 »
 Hey it could be worse. I put in a sub-panel last night for the new tank and I don't have a main shutoff, so when I work inside the box it's hot.  :laugh:

Also, when I bought my house, minus the stove and fridge, everything else in the house was wired to two 15Amp breakers. The previous owners wondered why they couldn't use window AC units or a hair dryer.

Offline REDPYRO

• Hey Everybody!
  • Who did what now?
    • MrLevek Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 14:26:40 »
i think you live in my house.

3 15 amp breakers in the box.  at least i have separate breakers for the AC and 220 lines...everything else runs off that panel.  the "sub panel" is like a redundant main panel.  i had a guy look at it once and he said it would take him several hours to figure out what went to what. (darn hill jack wiring)

i have to pretty much wire everything hot.  1/2 the time you cant find the breaker to try and shut it off without turning them all off.  and i am careful enough to be able to wire hot.  a little jap here and there, only been bit twice hard enough to make me hunt down the circuit to turn it off.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 21:27:27 »
Sounds scary to me!