2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: 150 in the making  (Read 24381 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Re: 150 in the making
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2007, 23:05:42 »
Thanks Emily that would be great.  I could stop by on my way home on Tuesday.

Offline Emily

• Scavenger Queen
  • Adult
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2007, 23:51:00 »
Depends on what time that would be.  I am afraid I have CPR training till about 7:30 in Tipp City.  (I guess that isn't a bad thing).  We will figure something out.
Emily

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2007, 23:53:23 »
I'm guessing I'll be coming through fairly early on Tuesday. You would be at work anyway.  Hmmmm, Leave it along side the road and I'll pick it up. LOL 

Offline Joel

• Adult
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2007, 06:59:26 »
I'll be taking it with me when I leave tomorrow.  Should I take just the probe or the entire thing? 

I'd take the entire system. I don't know for sure that it is just the probe. I'm pretty sure it is but I'd have them test it right there on the spot to make sure.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2007, 07:00:05 »
Ok, that's what I'll do.  Thanks...

Offline verper

« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2007, 11:54:52 »
(Scott, like how I volunteer your services? ;D)

Use'em while you can.  Once the project is done, no telling where I'll end up working. 

Micki, I can pick up the probe on Monday, and have it available for you to get anytime on Tuesday.  Just stop by the house.  And if you don't need it because PA exchanges the whole unit, I can drop it back off at Joel''s.

FYI, Premium Aquatics is closed to all walk in traffic until sometime in March.  They moved and are not set up completely yet so make sure you set something up with them.  And get their new address.   ;)   You might try PA's RC sponsor forum to get a hold of Jeremy today.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2007, 12:04:49 »
Hey Scott thanks.  I'm taking the entire untit with me so Joel is lending one of his units to me until I can get mine squared away.   Randy is there right now picking it up.   

THANKS JOEL!!!

As for PA being closed, I called them the other day (before this thing with the unit happened) and they said they would be glad to give me a personal tour since I'll be over there. I'll talk to them about the ozone unit when I call them to let them know when I'll be there.  They have 2 different addresses listed on the site. I have them both and will ask when I call which one is correct. 

Thanks again for offering to help!  This board is awesome!  I've had a few offers to help me out with this!!!   

Offline ohioreef

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Founding Member
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2007, 17:38:04 »
Be sure to write up a review if you get an on-site tour!! Pictures would be great also!!  ;)

Offline rmstevensiii

• Adult
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2007, 13:23:42 »
Hey Micki...

How are things going with your new tank?  Any updates or new pics to share?
Dayton - 45459

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2007, 08:56:40 »
Well it's been a crazy few weeks around here for lots of reasons.  Hopefully things will calm down now.  Anyway, I do have an update on the new tank.  Unfortunately it's not a good one. 

I believe I got a parasite from the panther grouper that came from Pet Land.  All the other fish came from Joel and I knew they were QT and dipped etc. prior to me getting them.  The panther supposedly had been at Pet Land for over a month so I "hoped" I was safe.  Not so... 

The hippo tang started showing some white spots first.  I did a fresh water dip on her and she seemed to be doing much better.  She still had some spots but acted better.  I had ordered the ozone unit and we hooked it up.  A few days later we could tell the thing wasn't working properly.  Around the same time I was going to Indy for a few days for a meeting so I went to Premium Aquatics.  They determined the probe was bad but the unit was ok.  They said Red Sea would send me a new probe within a few days. That was almost 2 weeks ago.  I called PA lat week and I was told they talked to Red Sea personally at a meeting and they were taking care of it.  I will call them again tomorrow!   Joel was great and is letting us borrow one of his ozone units.  I don't remember how many days later but the clown trigger started acting weird in the evening and the next day was dead.  Verper picked some copper stuff up for me from Joel and I was going to set up a hospital tank for the clown but he died the next day so I didn't use it.  At this point during the next few days the fish actually started looking better.  I figured the ozone was working and we were safe, so I didn't set the hospital tank up.  I couldn't have put the hippo in the tank anyway because it was only going to be a 10 gallon tank.  Over night the fish started showing signs of getting sick again.  I was already using lots of garlic extreme and vita chem in their food.  Joel offered for me to bring them all to his shop and he would QT them add medication if need be and use copper to get them better.  I was pretty tied up and didn't make the time.  Big mistake on my part!  Both the hippo and powder blue were looking bad so I did a fresh water dip on them.  The hippo did ok but the pb died soon after I added her back to the tank.  I really think a lot of the pb was due to stress with catching her. My gut told me to leave here alone when I couldn't catch her the first few times.  I ignored that feeling and did it anyway.  At this point I was sick.  Joel again offered me to bring them down.  I said I would.  That night the miniatus grouper wasn't looking so good when I went to bed.  When I woke up the grouper had died and the puffer was missing.  I then noticed one of the over flows wasn't working.  Randy blew it out and found the puffer had gotten in it and plugged it up. Needless to say it didn't make it either.  When I went to bed the puffer seemed ok.  Randy had the over flows blocked with egg crate but I knocked them out while trying to catch the pb.  We just hadn't had time to put them back yet.  Finally Randy and my son took the remaining fish down to Joel and he is "trying" to save them.  It's still too early to tell if they will all make it.  The funny thing is the panther grouper is doing fine.  Go figure  ::)     At this point I'm watching the fish in the reef very closely.  I'm sure the parasite is in there the system is all ran together.  I've taken the 150 off the system for right now.  The hope is by taking the source of the problem away the ozone can do what it's supposed to and the reef will be ok.  Time will tell I guess.  I plan to bleach the 150 tank, rock and crushed coral before adding it back to the system.  Joel has offered to keep the fish until they are healthy and the system is back up and running.  There is never a good time for this to happen but this really couldn't have been a worse time.  Well, actually it could be I guess.  I will be going out of town several times in the next several months.  Hopefully this will be a once in a life time thing.  But then again Murphy lives on my shoulder...

I would like to thank Joel and Verper for their help!!!

Offline Slicktrax

« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2007, 09:12:09 »
man, thats a drag.  i figured i had it bad by flooding another room (thread soon).
That one guy who used to be on all the time......

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2007, 09:16:49 »
Floods are no good either!  Been there done that...  Hope things turned out ok for you. 

Offline rmstevensiii

• Adult
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2007, 09:57:14 »
Sorry to hear about your tank Micki and I sincerely hope that things get better from here.  :( 
Dayton - 45459

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2007, 09:58:57 »
Thanks, it will.  Just a bump in the road.    :) 

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2007, 11:10:22 »
Sorry to hear about your fish loss, Micki. Hope things get better for you soon.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2007, 11:25:32 »
Thanks Tim. 

bigfalcon36

« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2007, 12:23:44 »
Things will look up Micki, they always do!  Keep at it, your hard work will soon payoff.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2007, 12:25:18 »
I hope so Travis!  After the past few weeks I think they can only go up...  ::)

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2007, 17:35:42 »
Sorry to hear about the tank.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2007, 17:36:16 »
Thanks Gary...

Offline Secondgen

« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2007, 13:52:21 »
Just found out today about your tank Micki. Rick told me today when he stopped to pick up those lights. I haven't been on for a couple of days enough to read all the new posts. I really am sorry to hear about your tank, and if there is anything ya'll need that I would be able to help you with just let me know.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2007, 14:47:12 »
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the offer.  Hopefully I'll be up and running again soon. :)

I've bleached the tank and am in the process of De-Chloring the tank now.