2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Acan detoriation  (Read 4742 times)

Offline Neogenesis

Re: Acan detoriation
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 00:09:54 »
ok...did the peroxide treatment.....had a bug come off that I've NOT SEEN before.   I'm trying to get pics......but ya....that's tought it's so small. Getting creative with the kids microscope.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 00:29:58 »
ok...I'm amazed what I was able to accomplish with a Toys-R-Us kids microscope.   This is under 150x magnification "as low as it would go", pictures taken through my droid.  Ya....it a was a little tough.....I'm going to try a different camera tomorrow.

Anyways....on with the show.  Can anyone identify this guy?  He was obviously disturbed and damaged by the dip, however it didn't completely kill him right away.

What I presume to be the head end:

What I presume to be the tail end:

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 09:04:53 »
That's not a bad pic. Sorry I have no idea what it is. Maybe Ashlar will know. If you don't get an answer I would pm him & see if be knows.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:42 »
Well....after the dip.....things look a little better this morning.  Nearly all heads had they feeder tentacles out this morning, so I tried to spot feed it find cyclops.  hard to tell if it really got anything with the lights out....but I figured it could't hurt.  Hopefully I can save at least a little of this one.

Offline Ashlar

• Adult
  • DIY Frankenstein
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 20:11:32 »
Looks like a baby isopod, or chiton, but can't really tell.