2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Frag Swaps  (Read 8801 times)

apelaston

Re: Frag Swaps
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 12:50:15 »
Where are u located? i am looking for a decent size frag the 1 i saw was a few inches for 5.00. .  i would probly want a 10.00 sized frag. .

quicksilver

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 13:55:28 »
you guys are killing me and I have to leave. Why do I find a place with such great peole only for them to be taken away.

Offline rmstevensiii

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 14:45:48 »
i will be fragging my purple digitata this weekend. if your interested in a piece let me know.

Hey Slandis,

You can put me down for a frag of your Purple Digi... very interested.  LMK
Dayton - 45459

Offline Revaltion131

• Adult
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 15:22:41 »
you guys are killing me and I have to leave. Why do I find a place with such great peole only for them to be taken away.

Don't you know that's how the AF works?  Jebuz!

Offline verper

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 17:09:33 »
Just curious, do club members have name tags or anything to identify at the swap they are Ohio Reef members. I would like to meet some of you to put a face to the name.

I almost always wear a nametag with my screen name and my witness protection name.   :laugh: 

CincyReef's swap is all about their club, so I would assume its frowned apon.  I might try it anyway.

CORA's swap is just the opposite.  They let us have a Ohio Reef sign and post our location on the "where are you" board and promote our club any way we want to at the frag swap.   

slandis3

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 17:21:51 »
Hey Slandis,

You can put me down for a frag of your Purple Digi... very interested.  LMK

will do.

NORTHDIXIEREEF

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 17:22:32 »
IF ANY MEMBER NEEDS A COOLER TO TAKE OR BRING HOME FRAGS FROM THE SWAPS FEEL FREE TO STOP BY THE SHOP AND PICK A COUPLE UP. THEY ARE FREE TO MEMBERS OF  Ohio Reef.

THANKS, DODD

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 21:56:25 »
I've listed my corals on the both Cincy & CORA FragSwapper webpages.  Still working on the rest.  www.FragSwapper.com

I'm selling Tyree LE Sunset Montipora: 3 SOLD (1 on waiting list) ($30-$50), Tyree LE Rainbow Montipora: 4 SOLD (1 on waiting list) ($25-$50), Tyree AE Armageddon II Palythoas:  4 still available ($60 per polyp  :-[ ), Elkhorn Montipora:  1 available ($10), Plating Montiporas:  1 still available (3 different species:  $5-$10), and Cat's Paw:  15 available ($5).

Those prices are only for the frag swaps.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 23:06:33 by Reef'd Up »

apelaston

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 02:09:06 »
When r u wanting these picked up sunday?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 03:43:23 »
I will be bringing the following to trade/sell
Mixed Green/Orange Zoa's 25$

Large SPS colony - Some sort of Deep Water Green $50.00
Mated Pair of Onyx Clowns 80$
What ever is left of Green Torch Coral 20$ per head
What ever is left of the Hammer Coral 8$ per head

Will we have name tags? Just curious how we would recognize Ohio Reef club members

quicksilver

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2008, 07:06:07 »
Wow nice zoos .

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2008, 16:05:02 »
Usually anyone selling will have a sign at their table.  They also usually give out nametags.

Offline gthorpe2

• Adult
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 23:57:49 »
Well I'm part of this club and cincyreef, I'm not sure if cincyreef will care if poeple wear nametags, but I'm not the president, I'm just a little (tall 6'6) member.  It would be nice to know who everybody is. :)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 12:22:13 »
I will be the fat guy wearing a black bandanna.  ;D

Offline larrynews

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 12:52:43 »
so we wont get confused, i wont wear a black bandanna, i'll just be the fat guy

quicksilver

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 17:42:55 »
whats a fat guy with out a bandana. beats me.

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2008, 21:57:42 »
i'll see everyone there.  I'm bringin 2 coolers full of stuff with half of the stuff I'm bringing already sold on fragswapper. So hopefully everyone shows up that ordered from me or I'll be stuck with a bunch of frags for the columbus one.  See ya all there!!!
Micah
Inspired!!!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 22:25:56 »
Just curious what you all thought of the frag swap today. I did not have any expectations so it was pretty good. Seemed like decent prices. especially Marine Solutions. So did you all spend to much money? did your trades show up?

I bought quite a few SPS from the guy in the back corner. He seemed to have some really nice stuff. He had Garf Bonsai's which I have been trying to get for the past year. It is nice.

My only worry is I was so excited to put the SPS in the tank I forgot to use Interceptor on the corals to kill any parasites or red bugs. I am a bit worried but the frags do look fine. Should I be worried?

Offline verper

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 22:30:25 »
You should not have any problems with the stuff from the guy in the back if it was YZReef or something like that.  "Redbug eye" Nikki did not see any at the vendors.  Personal trades are a different story.  I always ask, but still quarantine for at least a few weeks on most personal trades/buys.  Some reefers don't know that they have pests or don't care.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2008, 22:34:55 »
Yeup...I wasn't looking too hard for red bugs since I didn't buy any acroporas, but usually they jump out at me.  I didn't see anything. 

I've purchased from YZ Reef before with no problems.  I purchased the Bonsai from him back in spring...and it's doing great.

The swap was rather sparse...and ran a bit long IMO.  It's going to be interesting to go to the Columbus swap...completely different.  All in all, I'm happy.  I got the Sanddollar Montipora that I've been eyeballing for forever.

http://www.reeffarmers.com/

Offline verper

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 22:41:26 »
That swap was better than some years I've gone.

I did good.  All but one trade showed up.  Made a little money and spent it on the way home.  

I also won a raffle prize (no, not one of the grand prizes for all of you that gave me your tickets).  I won 4 -30ml jars of DT's Oyster Eggs.  Not sure what I'll do with that many, but I won!  

And Nikki only got that coral because I didn't buy both frags of it.   :laugh:

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 22:44:00 »
Thanks Guys, it was YZreef so I wont sweat it but will keep an eye on them. Nikki, did you get a "Pink" Monti Sand dollar? If so you are lucky you saw it before me  ;)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 22:45:34 »
Congrats Verper, did any of our Ohio Reef members win the grandprizes?

Offline verper

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 22:48:28 »
Nope, not that lucky.

Offline MSUJenn

• Juvenile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2008, 23:13:01 »
It must have been my lucky raffle ticket that you won with Scott, just kidding.

I scored a pink cadillac and a superman monti, so I'm happy. Looking forward to finding some different stuff at the swap in a couple of weeks though.