2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Columbus swap  (Read 2929 times)

hdyoung

Columbus swap
« on: September 29, 2006, 18:31:40 »
Hi,

Is anyone planning on being at the Columbus frag swap tomorrow? I'm taking (dragging) my whole family up there tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up there?

Dan Young

Offline scott wilson

• Adult
Re: Columbus swap
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 18:35:47 »
verper, cbell Myself and I think others will be there.  I will have a booth

Offline verper

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 21:59:29 »
Hey Dan,
Yep, you'll see me up there.  Its pretty easy to find people as it is one big room.  I'll keep a lookout for you.

Oh, and I recommend dropping the family off at the Mall on the way there.  That's what I did with the Cleveland swap earlier this year.  ;D  :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 22:27:44 by verper »

Offline scott wilson

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 22:20:48 »
swing north to easton town centre they will like it there :)

Offline aquavista99

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 13:36:04 »
So, how was the Columbus swap for those who attended? Can you post pics of what you purchased as well?

angel

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 16:31:45 »
i think the swap was a bust. there were only a handful of vendors and most of the nice corals which was very selective was overpriced through the roof. this was very disapointing and i hope cincy swap is as good as it was last year b/c if it is anything like the columbus swap poo on that.

i did pick this female l/w up at fishy down the street from the swap though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline verper

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 17:08:56 »
I thought it was great.  The CORA swap is more about hobbiest trading/buying/selling coral and dry goods among themselves.  There was JustCoral, Phishy, Edens Gate, Saltwater Treasures, Buckeye Field Supply, and two others I can't remember for vendors.  Many of the hobbiest set up almost like vendors with their own show tanks.   I ran across a number of good deals.

The last CincyReef swap I went to had more vendors but fewer hobbiest trading.  Both are worth checking out. 

Hey Greg, I was there the whole time and didn't see you.  Did you stay long?

angel

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 17:11:22 »
i saw you but as i was leaving. i was only there a half hour. i think all the good stuff had to be gone by the time i got there. the frags and stuff i saw that were nice were almost 80-90 dollars. really dumb. but you were right there were a lot of trading between people etc. i just got there at the wrong time i guess.

Offline verper

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 17:17:20 »
True, the best time is early or late.  Late is when people start having fire sales because they don't want to take it back home.   I always get a few frags for $5-10 late in the day.  Even the Vendors start giving deals late.  Two of them had 30% off the final hour of the swap.

angel

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 17:18:08 »
thats cool what all did you get ??

Offline verper

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 17:26:17 »
A couple of Tyree frags, bubblegum Acan frag, Amor of God Paly, and a couple of other cool frags.  One acro has a white stalk that turns bright green under actinics so it look cool in day or evening light.  Also got a 4 light t5 hood with bulbs and a Tunze rock. There are deals if you look.