2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: UPDATED!! Harleybronco - A WORCS member....  (Read 3278 times)

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
UPDATED!! Harleybronco - A WORCS member....
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:56:24 »
I just want everyone to know how I have been treated by this member...

I drove over an hour to his house to pick up his metal halide/t5/LED fixture. When I arrived I questioned the middle halide not working "he stated he unscrewed the bulb it was to bright" He listed the light as 150w but he spares are 250w - "he said it was just a miss-print" I was their about an hour talking about other hobby related topics. When we packed up the light and left I forgot to have him screw the light in so I could see it work.

I got home after 11pm so I carried the light fixture in and left till morning. When took the cover off to screw the bulb in, it was already screwed in. So I called him immediately to ask him about this " He said he did not know, but would make it right and return my money" So I waited around all day - we traded several text all night and he had several excuses why we could not meet. So his late last he stated he would work this out first thing in the morning.

So today I gave him till 11:45 to hear from him, nothing... so I sent him a text wondering when I should head up. "He replied that he might be able to meet me in Anna" which would have been nice as its much closer.  So he just called me and said "his wife made a double house payment and wont be able to return my money till Saturday" I then told him that this was unacceptable as I have no light on my tank now.... "I have a SPS/LPS mixed reef... I need my money back to get a different light. " He got very angry and said "you bought them - NOT MY FAULT - " I then reminded him the about the center light not being unscrewed and sold me a light he knew did not work... He then asked for my address "which I gave him" as he threatened to come here and beat my @SS...

In the end I guess I am at fault for forgetting to check the center light - But this is a small enough community that I just want everyone to know my experience with Steve "Harleybronco"

I sure hope that if anyone else deals with him they "CHECK" the product prior to buying.... This may cost me whole tank as I have no light on it now!!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:45:58 by TroyReeF »

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
Re: Harleybronco - A WORCS member....
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 13:03:57 »
Anyone who wants a first hand account please feel free to call me -

937-416-9199
Brian

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 14:45:09 »
Brian how big is your tank? I have an extra light I could lend you. My #is 5673567038
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 14:59:09 »
Thank you Travis, it's a 72" 125 - my buddy lent me a 48" T5, it should hold me till I can get one on my tank. I am really just disappointed more than anything as Steve sure seem'ed like he was going to make it right.

Brian

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 15:08:40 »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 10:15:43 »
Ok np brain if you need more light let me know I have a spare halide or led
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 14:24:43 »
This thread is being moderated - at this time, only posting from Harleybronco and Troyreef will be permitted as they work out the issue.

Kevin
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 11:32:27 »
UPDATE:

Steve said he got paid last Friday night and would make it right Saturday.

I sent him a text last night with no responce.

I sent him another text this morning with no responce.

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 16:44:28 »
Steve has no desire to make this right. I called a lawyer today and he said to file a small claims suit. It will cost me, but the fact that he posted pictures on here with the light out, and our correspondence via text I should be able to win.

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: UPDATED!! Harleybronco - A WORCS member....
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 18:24:17 »
This thread now closed. For any further comments please contact a BOD.